Time for youth movement on offense?

Disclaimer: I know Richt would never do this in 1000 years but IMO I think it’s time and something to discuss.

This season is/has been lost. Our upperclassmen have been more than a disappointment. Next year is a pivotal year for many reasons including the overall perception of our program. We also open with UF.

I think it’s time to move on to next year and get the young guys experience. And I mean every first team rep in practice and the game. We have 2 games left and lord willing, a bowl game plus the practices.

QB- no more Rosier. Perry gets the snaps and if he gets hurt, then Weldon or Williams.

RB- Split carries between Homer/DJ/Davis

TE- No changes

WR- No more Langham. No more Cager (sorry he’s too soft). Too much talent in this core for them to see any snaps. They are who they are.

OL- Whatever they think/hope the lineup will be next year, go there. No more Gauthier, St. Louis, Jones, or Mahoney. I’m not sure what the combo is but something to the effect of Scaife, Boulware, Gaynor, Donaldson, and Campbell/Herbert/Hillary with Reed filling in at guard for injuries or breathers.

I’m already getting visions of next year when UF beats us of Mork saying “Well we played a lot of young guys, inexperienced guys that made mistakes especially on the offensive line”

Could they really be worse then what we’ve seen all year?

Advertisement
I don't disagree with you but this futile because Richt will say he needs to give us the best chance to win and apparently that model means trotting out mediocre junior and seniors.

5-7 record is very much achievable if we keep working on it the way we have , and I hope we're put out of our misery and no bowl game . It would be a advertisement nightmare , how the heck could you sell tickets and TV time what a challenge it would be.

I CAN'T I CAN'T

Advertisement
Richt should go coach in Canada with his dude Rosier.

As a Canadian I find this very offensive. Mark Richt wouldn't survive coaching in the CFL. June Jones, on the other hand, has had a lot of success. We would be much better off with him running the Canes O.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back