Thoughts of the game

TheChosenOne

Senior
Aggression. We hired Manny because of his aggressive approach to the game and we continue to play soft and passive in big games. I was expecting us to just shoot gaps and create havoc but we left Bryce have like 15 seconds to throw the ball no pressure.

Lashlee's game plan killed any momentum we needed to start the game fast. Did anyone feel like it was going to be a long day the minute we ran the ball on 3rd and 7 early in the game? That's what you called scared play calling. The sad part is we looked more competent being more aggressive with the play calls. Once we started doing more things to open up the passing game we weren't all that bad.

We need to recruit bigger players. I swear their RBs looked the same size as our DEs and you could forget our small slow LBs trying to bring those guys down. We also need to start focusing our recruiting inside-out. I'm starting to roll my eyes every time we land a 4 star RB knowing **** well we don't recruit the guys needed to block for him. We keep going after OL projects who come out of HS 270 lbs while elite programs recruit OL who are 310 and athletic. This felt like Alabama vs Webber State up in the trenches.

I'm tired of watching teams with less talent then us be able to punch elite teams in the mouth at least once well we immediate take it from behind with no resistance.

Advertisement
Dont care who we recruit, when our coaches can't develop anybody.... it's clear as day, when transfers come in and are the best players on the team.

cmd needs to go, however Blake and entire AD group needs to be flushed as well.
new president who gets importance of college athletics to school is important as well

Virginia would cream their shorts for Cam Harris and Jaylon Knighton on their roster. How about we switch staffs, that'd alleviate my main concern.

Advertisement
Back