Thoughts? For or Against?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fraggle

Senile Senior
Perhaps not a bad move, so many names are thrown around hard to determine which direction the U will go. Seems he might be a low risk choice. I say lock it up now before someone else grabs him as there will be lots of openings after this crazy year so act while the iron is hot. He is the gruff type that can handle tough kids plus has contacts for assistants and for recruiting. With early signing making a move early can save a year of recruiting. What would be a disaster is waiting another year.

Eddie!

Advertisement
Clint Eastwood Coffee GIF

Although they eventually beat the gayturds, Ed Orgeron's last minute of the first half coaching versus FL was as bad as I've ever seen (reminiscent of Manny). Right then and there he was OFF MY RADAR. Which of course, means zippo.

Advertisement
Out of all the coaching lists that have been thrown out there, The department will pick and land the worst name out of all the lists combined.
Nobody had chud on their list but there he is being talked about as a serious candidate.

Advertisement
In 1988, he began his tenure with the University of Miami, under then-head coach Jimmy Johnson and his successor, Dennis Erickson. He was their defensive line coach for four of those years, in which he coached eight All-Americans (including NFL first-round draft choices Cortez Kennedy, Russell Maryland and Warren Sapp). While he was with the Hurricanes, the program won two national championships (in 1989 and 1991), and he recruited a young Dwayne Johnson (later known as "The Rock" in his professional wrestling and film careers) as a defensive lineman.[5]

Starting in 1991, a series of personal problems began to surface for Orgeron. A local woman filed a restraining order against Orgeron, accusing him of repeatedly attacking her. In July 1992, Orgeron was arrested for his part in a bar fight in Baton Rouge, Louisiana; Orgeron acknowledged he had been intoxicated that night and had grown angry when not allowed back inside to retrieve his credit card.[6] In October 1992, Orgeron took a leave of absence from the University of Miami coaching staff for personal reasons; the departure turned out to be a permanent one, however and he was replaced by assistant coach Randy Shannon.[7] Taking a respite from coaching, Orgeron worked on his personal life: the permanent injunction against him was eventually rescinded and the felony second-degree battery charges he faced were dropped.[6] He stayed with his parents in Larose, crediting his father for helping him get his life in order.[8]

Yes [my dismissal was necessary]. It led to a turnaround in my lifestyle. That's something that had to be done in my life, where I just [could feel] comfortable with what I'm doing today.

— Ed Orgeron on his 1992 dismissal by Miami.
[6]

I am sold. Come on down Eddie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back