Thoughts after watching NCSt and UGA game

calinative umstudent

All-ACC
Premium
I think this is the week we get a TD on Special Teams. ND's special teams imo is average to below average. They give up lanes on Kickoff/Punt that Jeff Thomas and Berrios have the tools to exploit. UGA got some big returns against them and NCSt blocked a punt for a TD against them.
NCSTblockedpuntvsND.gif *Blocked punt for TD
ugabigreturnvsND.gif *easily gets to outside on KR

Obviously their LG and LT are top draft Prospects. I don't think I saw Nelson (their LG) lose a rep one time in these two games, dudes without a doubt a top10 pick; He's dominant. But their LT, McGlinchey is definitely beatable. He's solid in run blocking, but isn't the best pass blocker, especially if he goes against someone with speed. Their Sophomore RT (the rest of their OLineman are all Seniors) is probably their weakest link. I'd bet he gets a couple false starts with this crowd noise. We will definitely beat their Tackles around the edge, but we need to make sure we don't get to far out of our lanes because Wimbush will take off for some yards.
ugastripsackvsnD.gif *LT gets beat for Strip Sack to win game for UGA

Their run game is definitely impressive, but I'm not all that impressed with their RB. He's good, but its the OL creating the holes, not the RB doing anything spectacular, though he is fast and definitely runs low behind his pads. Secondly we WILL absolutely dominate if they run a lot of plays that involve their guards or tackles pulling. Every single time they pull lineman the play gets blown up when the DL gets up field which is something we specialize in. I absolutely expect to dominate on these types of run plays. Just get the **** up the field to blow up the play.

This is by far the most important game of the season for our LBs. They absolutely need to maintain their gap and contain or we will get burned on the ground. The OLBs absolutely can not give up their outside shoulder because their OL is very good at sealing off the outside and giving the Rb a wide open lane. This is even more critical for us since we likely will be running a lot more stunts/slants than UGA & NCSt did. (Personally I think this needs to be reduced this game because their OL has 4 seniors and is probably the best in the nation, so we aren't going to confuse them too often with stunts especially by our DE's when we can beat the OTs head 2 head)
NCSTolblookinatmotionvsND.gif *#4 caught looking at motion instead of just filling the gap. His ILBs get sealed = big run.
ncstlbdoesn'thitgapvsND.gif *#3 not trustin DE/CB to keep contain. Hesitates and give up his gap. ILB blitzing inside take out of the play.

We need to force Wimbush to keep the ball as often as possible. It will mean we give up yards for sure, but it'll be worth it. That is how UGA had the majority of their success. They'd clamp hard on the RB and when Wimbush would pull it they had the athleticism to get to him for a minimal gain. And thats what screwed NCSt. NCSt's OLBs/CB that were getting read on the option were so focused on Wimbush keeping it that they didn't maintain their gap properly and it lead to some giant lanes for their rb to run through once their OL sealed off the ILBs.

Their passing game is average or below average. Wimbush doesn't handle pressure well and is more than willing to throw off his back foot while under pressure. Hopefully we can cause a turnover off this pressure, Wimbush hasn't thrown too many interceptions though - only 2 on the season. Wimbush will throw downfield, but he really is trash at it (Overthrow king), and other than St Brown who has had a down year, they don't have any real deep play threats. They do a lot screens and crossing routtes. So Shaqs gunna need to hit the screen hard like he did vs Vtech. Our DBs can play underneath and recover if they are going deep.

Whenever they go hurry up, its a run. They'll do this when they got stopped short on 2nd down and have a 3rd and 1 so they can catch the DL off and pick it up rather easily with their OL. And in the redzone they almost always run as well. Exactly what you'd expect given their OL. If they try to spread us out in the Redzone it will very likely be a QB run.
NDredzonqbrunvsNCST.gif *Spread out and QB run in redzone.

Defensively they actually play pretty aggressively against the pass. Their alignment is normally more a prevent type of look with some press mixed in. But their Dbs attack breaks pretty hard. This exposes them to some double moves, but they do actually break up a lot of passes on Ins/hooks etc due to this. One thing this alignment does work in our favor is for the bubble screen which we haven't really seen the past couple weeks. With a guy in the slot their Outside CB plays off and their nickel cb attacks the bubble hard. But If our outside WR just gets to the nickel cb and doesn't get beat immediatel, it'll be an easy 8 yards when they're in that allignment.
ugavsndbubble.gif

Their DL is okay. They don't do anything impressive. If they aren't stunting or blitzing they don't really get any pressure. The show blitz a lot, but more often than not they only rush 3 and drop into zone. After VTech I'd expect them to put a guy in Spy quite often. Their DT's aren't the best, so our OGs better step the **** up this game. They have been the weakness on our Offense pretty much all season. That and not sealing off the end on outside runs. ND's defense is definitely not as good as VTechs, so I think this will be our best performance of the season for the OL.

Miami 34 - ND 3.
I Don't give a **** how good their run game is. They likely will rack up over a hundred yards on the ground but who gives a **** if we keep them from scoring and create big plays/turnovers on defense. Pumped for Saturday.

Note: idk why the **** those gifs are so small and i'm too lazy to create more or to replace those so **** it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Thoughts after watching NCSt and UGA game
I think this is the week we get a TD on Special Teams. ND's special teams imo is average to below average. They give up lanes on Kickoff/Punt that Jeff Thomas and Berrios have the tools to exploit. UGA got some big returns against them and NCSt blocked a punt for a TD against them.

Easy on the crown royal, bud.

View attachment 53754 *Blocked punt for TD
View attachment 53758 *easily gets to outside on KR

Obviously their LG and LT are top draft Prospects. I don't think I saw Nelson (their LG) lose a rep one time in these two games, dudes without a doubt a top10 pick; He's dominant. But their LT, McGlinchey is definitely beatable. He's solid in run blocking, but isn't the best pass blocker, especially if he goes against someone with speed. Their Sophomore RT (the rest of their OLineman are all Seniors) is probably their weakest link. I'd bet he gets a couple false starts with this crowd noise. We will definitely beat their Tackles around the edge, but we need to make sure we don't get to far out of our lanes because Wimbush will take off for some yards.
View attachment 53753 *LT gets beat for Strip Sack to win game for UGA

Their run game is definitely impressive, but I'm not all that impressed with their RB. He's good, but its the OL creating the holes, not the RB doing anything spectacular, though he is fast and definitely runs low behind his pads. Secondly we WILL absolutely dominate if they run a lot of plays that involve their guards or tackles pulling. Every single time they pull lineman the play gets blown up when the DL gets up field which is something we specialize in. I absolutely expect to dominate on these types of run plays. Just get the **** up the field to blow up the play.

This is by far the most important game of the season for our LBs. They absolutely need to maintain their gap and contain or we will get burned on the ground. The OLBs absolutely can not give up their outside shoulder because their OL is very good at sealing off the outside and giving the Rb a wide open lane. This is even more critical for us since we likely will be running a lot more stunts/slants than UGA & NCSt did. (Personally I think this needs to be reduced this game because their OL has 4 seniors and is probably the best in the nation, so we aren't going to confuse them too often with stunts especially by our DE's when we can beat the OTs head 2 head)
View attachment 53755 *#4 caught looking at motion instead of just filling the gap. His ILBs get sealed = big run.
View attachment 53757 *#3 not trustin DE/CB to keep contain. Hesitates and give up his gap. ILB blitzing inside take out of the play.

We need to force Wimbush to keep the ball as often as possible. It will mean we give up yards for sure, but it'll be worth it. That is how UGA had the majority of their success. They'd clamp hard on the RB and when Wimbush would pull it they had the athleticism to get to him for a minimal gain. And thats what screwed NCSt. NCSt's OLBs/CB that were getting read on the option were so focused on Wimbush keeping it that they didn't maintain their gap properly and it lead to some giant lanes for their rb to run through once their OL sealed off the ILBs.

Their passing game is average or below average. Wimbush doesn't handle pressure well and is more than willing to throw off his back foot while under pressure. Hopefully we can cause a turnover off this pressure, Wimbush hasn't thrown too many interceptions though - only 2 on the season. Wimbush will throw downfield, but he really is trash at it (Overthrow king), and other than St Brown who has had a down year, they don't have any real deep play threats. They do a lot screens and crossing routtes. So Shaqs gunna need to hit the screen hard like he did vs Vtech. Our DBs can play underneath and recover if they are going deep.

Whenever they go hurry up, its a run. They'll do this when they got stopped short on 2nd down and have a 3rd and 1 so they can catch the DL off and pick it up rather easily with their OL. And in the redzone they almost always run as well. Exactly what you'd expect given their OL. If they try to spread us out in the Redzone it will very likely be a QB run.
View attachment 53756 *Spread out and QB run in redzone.

Defensively they actually play pretty aggressively against the pass. Their alignment is normally more a prevent type of look with some press mixed in. But their Dbs attack breaks pretty hard. This exposes them to some double moves, but they do actually break up a lot of passes on Ins/hooks etc due to this. One thing this alignment does work in our favor is for the bubble screen which we haven't really seen the past couple weeks. With a guy in the slot their Outside CB plays off and their nickel cb attacks the bubble hard. But If our outside WR just gets to the nickel cb and doesn't get beat immediatel, it'll be an easy 8 yards when they're in that allignment.
View attachment 53759
giphy.gifv

Their DL is okay. They don't do anything impressive. If they aren't stunting or blitzing they don't really get any pressure. The show blitz a lot, but more often than not they only rush 3 and drop into zone. After VTech I'd expect them to put a guy in Spy quite often. Their DT's aren't the best, so our OGs better step the **** up this game. They have been the weakness on our Offense pretty much all season. That and not sealing off the end on outside runs. ND's defense is definitely not as good as VTechs, so I think this will be our best performance of the season for the OL.

Miami 34 - ND 3.
I Don't give a **** how good their run game is. They likely will rack up over a hundred yards on the ground but who gives a **** if we keep them from scoring and create big plays/turnovers on defense. Pumped for Saturday.

Note: idk why the **** those gifs are so small and i'm too lazy to create more or to replace those so **** it.

Just to be clear - you're predicting a 34-3 win?

It will come on a Braxton Berrios punt return, after ND punts it without sniffing a first down on the first drive of the game…………maybe

View attachment 53754 *Blocked punt for TD
View attachment 53758 *easily gets to outside on KR

View attachment 53753 *LT gets beat for Strip Sack to win game for UGA

View attachment 53755 *#4 caught looking at motion instead of just filling the gap. His ILBs get sealed = big run.
View attachment 53757 *#3 not trustin DE/CB to keep contain. Hesitates and give up his gap. ILB blitzing inside take out of the play.

View attachment 53756 *Spread out and QB run in redzone.

View attachment 53759
giphy.gifv

Miami 34 - ND 3.

Just to be clear - you're predicting a 34-3 win?

I'm all in bruh. We're gunna **** them up.

Advertisement
It will come on a Braxton Berrios punt return, after ND punts it without sniffing a first down on the first drive of the game…………maybe

You know how loud that place will be if that happens? Man, that would be crazy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back