This was the first game against a option team that

Fwbcane

Recruit
I do not remember us walking the safety to the line. The last game against Nebraska I remember Antrell making plays at the line of scrimmage and every other year that I've followed Miami football since the early 80's. This year we have the safety off the Los 15 yards on every down. It kills me to see us running a defense where everyone watching on tv and in attendance knows what they're going to do and still we make no adjustments to make them throw the ball. It's not fair to those young men on the field to not put them in a position to succeed.

Advertisement
Dude, this isn't the same Nebraska offense of 80's that you can stack box with 7-8 defenders, hope you can stop the run and force to pass. It just isn't. Why? Playmakers and real talent and speed at the wide receiver position. The wide receiver group currently on the roster at Nebraska is far and away the deepest and most talented that Nebraska has ever had.

So, you stack the box with 7-8 players within 5 yards of the LOS. Then what happens? The Nebraska O line pass blocks, Armstrong hits one of those speedy wide recievers that has just beat the Miami corner.

Did you miss the first Nebraska touchdown when Kenny Bell ran right by the corners and safeties through the middle of the Cane defense. Bring 7-8 in the box and that happens over and over. Armstrong can throw the ball.

Dude, this isn't the same Nebraska offense of 80's that you can stack box with 7-8 defenders, hope you can stop the run and force to pass. It just isn't. Why? Playmakers and real talent and speed at the wide receiver position. The wide receiver group currently on the roster at Nebraska is far and away the deepest and most talented that Nebraska has ever had.

So, you stack the box with 7-8 players within 5 yards of the LOS. Then what happens? The Nebraska O line pass blocks, Armstrong hits one of those speedy wide recievers that has just beat the Miami corner.

Did you miss the first Nebraska touchdown when Kenny Bell ran right by the corners and safeties through the middle of the Cane defense. Bring 7-8 in the box and that happens over and over. Armstrong can throw the ball.
U can't b play the what if game. 8 in the box and beat me deep. But 52 runs and you're worried about the possibility of a pass.

Show me ur RB at QB had the arm and smarts to beat me.

Not only do we give up 3 bills on the ground, we lose TOP,
actual time for our offense but our D gets worn down too... Waiting for passes that WERE never coming.

That's like underpaying ur mortgage every month hoping that the bank will lower it just because.... Or waiting for change a politician promises on his campaign

Advertisement
Back