This statement by Manny, and my experience with the same thing.

Midlo Cane Fan

No more Midlo
"But there [is] especially by a young team, [something] that can be perceived as an arrogance, and I think there’s a natural arrogance that comes with our guys here when things are going well. Because when things are going well there’s always an assumption that, you know, we’re right there and we’re right back on track to being ‘Miami.’"

I coached a middle school age team in '93 that was 9-0 and about to play for the league championship. They had a case of "Superman syndrome"....thought no one could touch them. Similar shenanigans as the canes. Down 6-0 at the half. Had to put my foot in their a$$ and pull a trick play out to send it to OT, where we won. So I've seen it personally.
Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...-of-miami/article237737694.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
"But there [is] especially by a young team, [something] that can be perceived as an arrogance, and I think there’s a natural arrogance that comes with our guys here when things are going well. Because when things are going well there’s always an assumption that, you know, we’re right there and we’re right back on track to being ‘Miami.’"

I coached a middle school age team in '93 that was 9-0 and about to play for the league championship. They had a case of "Superman syndrome"....thought no one could touch them. Similar shenanigans as the canes. Had to pull a trick play out to send it to OT, where we won. So I've seen it personally.
Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...-of-miami/article237737694.html#storylink=cpy

How can a team that was 7-6 come out and be arrogant. Manny is blaming the kids for his trash staff

Wait, what....

diaz yacht.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
How can a team that was 7-6 come out and be arrogant. Manny is blaming the kids for his trash staff.

Have you not seen these kids? They are absolutely full of themselves and arrogant, despite the records.

You have that #98 (Holley) leading idiotic dances on the sidelines—full of himself since he trended after the Pitt game for his moves—despite the team getting their teeth kicked in, 23-3 in the third quarter against FIU.

You also have guys on a weekly basis, after losses, digging up images from game recaps where they had one good play in a team loss—posting all on their social media platforms, with some idiot quote about being hungry, humble or some other cryptic lyric —showcasing themselves, despite an embarrassing team loss.

This is a different generation and breed of kid and it's going to take Diaz and staff setting a new precedent with each new class that comes in—as some of these kids are too far gone, or past a point of this coaching staff breaking them in.

Miami thought they'd roll into North Carolina and roll the Heels because they defensively dominated them last year at HardRock. Nope.

Thought they'd easily beat a Virginia Tech team that got waxed 45-10 the week prior at Duke. Nope.

Bounced back with a win over Virginia. Thought they were hot **** again. Didn't take a one-win Georgia Tech team that lost to The Citadel seriously, either. Fake punt for a score. 29 missed tackles. Short on fourth down in OT. Another loss.

Pulled together for Pitt, Florida State and Louisville—all around better offensive line play and defense—again, assuming they were back on track and didn't need to take Florida International seriously. Got embarrassed, out-worked, out-played and out-hustled by a vastly inferior team (while Dan Enos got his *** out-coached by Davis and that defensive staff all night; rattling Williams, blitzing, not falling for the RPO and playing with purpose and intensity.)

Yes, Diaz's staff is flawed and there need to be some off-season changes or ol' Manny is gonna kiss his dream gig goodbye faster than he landed it—but these kids are ABSOLUTELY a part of this problem and Diaz sounds like an exasperated parent who has tried almost everything to get them to get it, but the message still isn't getting through.

Time will tell if he can get this cleaned up, but right now all that matters is finding a way to get out of Duke alive as the walls will close in even harder at 6-6, with losses to the Panthers and Blue Devils when it seemed a corner was starting to get turned after the previous three games.

Have you not seen these kids? They are absolutely full of themselves and arrogant, despite the records.

You have that #98 (Holley) leading idiotic dances on the sidelines—full of himself since he trended after the Pitt game for his moves—despite the team getting their teeth kicked in, 23-3 in the third quarter against FIU.

You also have guys on a weekly basis, after losses, digging up images from game recaps where they had one good play in a team loss—posting all on their social media platforms, with some idiot quote about being hungry, humble or some other cryptic lyric —showcasing themselves, despite an embarrassing team loss.

This is a different generation and breed of kid and it's going to take Diaz and staff setting a new precedent with each new class that comes in—as some of these kids are too far gone, or past a point of this coaching staff breaking them in.

Miami thought they'd roll into North Carolina and roll the Heels because they defensively dominated them last year at HardRock. Nope.

Thought they'd easily beat a Virginia Tech team that got waxed 45-10 the week prior at Duke. Nope.

Bounced back with a win over Virginia. Thought they were hot **** again. Didn't take a one-win Georgia Tech team that lost to The Citadel seriously, either. Fake punt for a score. 29 missed tackles. Short on fourth down in OT. Another loss.

Pulled together for Pitt, Florida State and Louisville—all around better offensive line play and defense—again, assuming they were back on track and didn't need to take Florida International seriously. Got embarrassed, out-worked, out-played and out-hustled by a vastly inferior team (while Dan Enos got his *** out-coached by Davis and that defensive staff all night; rattling Williams, blitzing, not falling for the RPO and playing with purpose and intensity.)

Yes, Diaz's staff is flawed and there need to be some off-season changes or ol' Manny is gonna kiss his dream gig goodbye faster than he landed it—but these kids are ABSOLUTELY a part of this problem and Diaz sounds like an exasperated parent who has tried almost everything to get them to get it, but the message still isn't getting through.

Time will tell if he can get this cleaned up, but right now all that matters is finding a way to get out of Duke alive as the walls will close in even harder at 6-6, with losses to the Panthers and Blue Devils when it seemed a corner was starting to get turned after the previous three games.

Kids do what you allow and what they are coached to do. What has Manny done to fix the problem? You have these issues dating back to last year and yet most of last year players still start.

Talk about accountability and fixing the disease? This offense was putrid last year and some how, his Million dollar man has made it worst. You telling me that’s the kids?

He hired a staff for of buddies with low football IQs and the proof is in the play

Advertisement

LMFAO, have you not seen Manny's twitter? He was sending out twitter bat signals right before the game.

Holley doesn't lead those dances. The assistants do. If you sit close to our sideline at games, its obvious.

I coached a middle school age team in '93 that was 9-0 and about to play for the league championship. They had a case of "Superman syndrome"....thought no one could touch them. Similar shenanigans as the canes. Down 6-0 at the half. Had to put my foot in their a$$ and pull a trick play out to send it to OT, where we won. So I've seen it personally.
I get it, but this has happened 4 times. Three of which were after bye weeks. Secondly, when all this is going on Diaz just stands on the sidelines emotionless. At some point in the 1st qtr. You call time out and get in the *** of your players on national tv that this is not acceptable. Even that may have been too late as it's not easy to just turn it on and compete after the game has started. I don't know the man, but he seams like he's too friendly with the players unwilling to put the hammer down. You have to coach these guys hard. That's what Jimmy and Butch did back in the day.

Advertisement
I get it, but this has happened 4 times. Three of which were after bye weeks. Secondly, when all this is going on Diaz just stands on the sidelines emotionless. At some point in the 1st qtr. You call time out and get in the *** of your players on national tv that this is not acceptable. Even that may have been too late as it's not easy to just turn it on and compete after the game has started. I don't know the man, but he seams like he's too friendly with the players unwilling to put the hammer down. You have to coach these guys hard. That's what Jimmy and Butch did back in the day.
I believe it's called "tough love".

So Saban can keep a team that has won multiple championships grounded but Manny can’t do the same to a 6-4 team that already lost at home to GTech 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

This guy think we didn’t see the crappy play calling by staff

Advertisement
Back