This is what Miami is now

ddann

Sophomore
I saw two very evenly matched teams out there tonight. I didn’t see one team with an overwhelming talent advantage playing down to its level of competition. The score in this game tells the tale. It was almost dead even.

This is what Miami is under Diaz—a top tier Sun Belt Conference team. That’s what App State is and Miami is on the same level.

BTW, for those who said we didn’t learn anything about the true direction of the team against Bama and we needed to wait until this week to judge, well, the evaluation is now in.

Advertisement
I saw two very evenly matched teams out there tonight. I didn’t see one team with an overwhelming talent advantage playing down to its level of competition. The score in this game tells the tale. It was almost dead even.

This is what Miami is under Diaz—a top tier Sun Belt Conference team. That’s what App State is and Miami is on the same level.

BTW, for those who said we didn’t learn anything about the true direction of the team against Bama and we needed to wait until this week to judge, well, the evaluation is now in.
Of course it was evenly matched. Which made it such a huge win for the program...biggest win in some time

At least we got another Borregales on the team. Saving grace
Oh yeah, the kicker and punter are fantastic. It’s the coaching staff and the rest of the team that are a problem.

Don’t Sun Belt teams send some good kickers to the league?

Advertisement

Miami did the same thing under Diaz in 2019 when they showed up flat against Central Michigan and had to steal a 17-12 win. Two years later, same dong-fest under Diaz.

Not saying they can't beat Michigan State this weekend, but I'd put my money on Mel Tucker's team to show up and to hit the Canes in the mouth, much like Wisconsin has the past few times Miami has taken on that Big Ten foe.

Advertisement
This year's football team shouldn't be judged by who (on paper) is the best team we will play (bama) and the two lowest teams (CC and App St) we will play.

The truth might prove to be somewhere in the middle...like it has has for the past 15 years. We are a middle of the road team in a middle of the road conference. We're not great & we're not horrible...just average.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Man, I really hope for everyone's sake here that the team you are supposedly a fan of, that is a touchdown favorite playing at home, loses big so you can have a great weekend.

When wasn't this Miami? Under which coach? Remember the amount of talent Coker needed to defeat the Nevada Wolf pack by a single point?
Remember when Randy failed against USF with the kind of talent disparity he had?
You’re right, outside of the 10-0 run in 2017, it’s been this way for a long time.

Advertisement
Back