This Is What Blake James Signed Up For

Dude

Senior
Blessings to you all with maybe the 50th new thread on the state of the program.

As 2018 spiraled down the toilet, some fans were going on and on that Manny should replace Mark Richt after the season, no doubt the same guys that want a former player filling every assistant coaching spot... "Put Ed Reed at DC!!! Bring back McKinnie to coach OL!!!" Fact is a lot of our fan base is retarded.

We were told by Blake James after he hired Manny, that "this isnt a rebuild" only for a 6-7 season to go by with Manny telling us "this is a rebuild," so now Manny is in charge of the thing he wasnt hired to do. But here's the thing... Miami isnt serious about football and they havent been for a long time, this is how Manny gets the job in the 1st place, it was the laziest possible hire. If I had to guess, everyone in the Athletic Department can quote you what Dabo did in his first few seasons before things took off because this is their blueprint now after last season's abomination.

Can Manny be Dabo? The only way this is possible is if Manny keeps challenging himself to get better. He was never ready for this job, and now we all get to go through watching his OJT.

Its hard for me to get upset about losing this game to UNC because this is par for the course with HCs that arent qualified. Its gonna take years before a Diaz staff can even sniff playoffs... years. The best thing he can do is win enough to tread water while he learns to recruit (something he's never been an ace at), develop (something he's never done at a high level), scheme (mixed bag, he's had some successes and some failures) and ultimately run a top notch program.

Outside of Rumph, I think there's 0% chance anyone is getting fired before ESD. Its also very unlikely we see more than Rumph leave unless someone hires a Banda or Stroud for perceived SoFL recruiting ties or some coaches decide to abandon ship.

Get ready for more Sun Tan U next year. anything at 8 wins or better and Manny will get a 4th year too. Miami has a deeply flawed football culture, and its not gonna improve because of pressure from the Ath. Dept. Nope, this will all be on Manny to figure it out, until he hangs himself with the rope he's given.

Advertisement
And here, we have yet another example of someone who does not and will not understand that the University is a University, not a football program, and any comparison to the emphasis/resources a state school puts on football is laughable.

Miami becomes elite again when we have a real sugar daddy who only wants to win at football with the money to support it, a la Phil Knight or Papa Racism John. The other possibility is hitting lightning in a bottle and hiring an up and coming Jimmy Johnson type, which obviously hasn't worked yet and is getting more difficult by the day.

Without that happening, or the FANS putting REAL MONEY into the program (which is laughable with you lot), you're all just a bunch of old men yelling at clouds.

Also, your reference to Sun Tan U doesn't make any sense as it was merely a moniker for a party school, which Miami is far removed from by this point.

"Can Manny be Dabo?" .. this is like asking can rosie odonnell be Miss Universe

NOT in 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years !
@Paranos thinks it's possible.
MV5BNjViY2Q2ZDItNzMwYi00OTliLTg5ZmMtOWUzZWY4Y2E2YmYzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzkyOTg1MzE@._V1_.jpg

I don't understand why people get hung up on James saying this isn't a rebuild. Coaches and administrators say dumb **** all the time everywhere. They have to sell tickets, d'uh. They knew it was a rebuild. You don't say that when someone is hired though. You don't say it before the season starts. It's all rainbows and sunshine until it plays out on the field.

You will all fall for it next year and the year after that. ****, most of you had beating a horrible Duke team as our coming out, we back moment. You wanted the Domers, Gates, fear not Bama next year. This has been a rebuild and we've made some improvements, but games like this last one shouldn't happen. Everyone is at fault for that, everyone.

Advertisement
Advertisement
For the record, MANY of us were upset THE DAY Manny was announced to be the choice. Not AFTER the fact, the DAY OF.

I'm sure a mod could pull up the archives to prove it. There were SEVERAL of us that thought Manny was a bad idea from the get-go. This isn't a case of hindsight criticism. Only the University of Miami's inept administration would feel the need to steal Temple's new hire.

Manny can prove something by cleaning house on the defensive staff. He needs to accept change, and hire someone with a some track record of success, even if it means a philosophical change on defense.

For the record, MANY of us were upset THE DAY Manny was announced to be the choice. Not AFTER the fact, the DAY OF.

I'm sure a mod could pull up the archives to prove it. There were SEVERAL of us that thought Manny was a bad idea from the get-go. This isn't a case of hindsight criticism. Only the University of Miami's inept administration would feel the need to steal Temple's new hire.
I don't recall too many people being very happy. I know a lot had cautious optimism, but I don't think many thought it was a home run.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back