This is the offense I was expecting

canes1239

Freshman
We should have been a pass first, run second offense to begin with. That's the only way Kayaa really gets into a rhythm. Richt just got over confident in his conservative style when we blew out the JV teams in the beginning of the year, but hopefully he done learned his lesson

Advertisement
Richt was quoted this week as saying my qb should be getting the ball out in under 3 secs. Brad finally listened

Still sick of 35 yard fades on 3 and 2

Agree.
It actually started during the 2nd quarter last week.

This. RBs stay in to protect, quick passes, throwing on 1st downs, almost all out of shotgun.

This is what we all expected and hoped for. If we had done so we'd be 7-2 right now.

Oh well, at least it came.

Richt was quoted this week as saying my qb should be getting the ball out in under 3 secs. Brad finally listened

Exactly this has nothing to do with changing philosophy before today Kaaya was too scared and indecisive / now he is getting the ball out a lot quicker which means that when this coaching staf sees an issue they go to work on it / they demand improvement and that's what we are seeing with Brad Kaaya

Brad Kaaya was ruined under Al Golden and Coach Richt is saving his career

Advertisement
Suppose Dalvin Cook came to Miami and Yearby had gone to FSU. What's our record today? One player difference- I say we'd be sitting at 7-2 or 8-1.

Suppose Dalvin Cook came to Miami and Yearby had gone to FSU. What's our record today? One player difference- I say we'd be sitting at 7-2 or 8-1.

we'd be undefeated... no question

...and Golden would still be our coach

Shut up **** face. Suppose Jerome Brown and Ed Reed were playing for us, what's our record? Probably 74-1.

Someone on here a few weeks back said it takes about 10 games in for a qb to grasp a new offensive system and for the lights to come on. I think the light may have finally come on for Kaaya last week vs ND

Advertisement
Dude this was Pitt. They have the worst secondary in ACC. The same defense that let VT throw for 406 yards.

Just looked at defensive passing stats and they are ranked 126th in NCAA. So not only worst defense against in country agains pass, but only 2 teams in country are worse, Rice and Arizona State.

Passing Yards Allowed | FBS Football Statistics - NCAA.com

Nothing sticking about the offense yesterday, what I totally expected.

Dude this was Pitt. They have the worst secondary in ACC. The same defense that let VT throw for 406 yards.

Just looked at defensive passing stats and they are ranked 126th in NCAA. So not only worst defense against in country agains pass, but only 2 teams in country are worse, Rice and Arizona State.

Passing Yards Allowed | FBS Football Statistics - NCAA.com

Nothing sticking about the offense yesterday, what I totally expected.

True but the point is we played to our strength which so happens to be Pitts weakness. Our O-line has proven they cannot run vs decent teams and so pass first will setup the run which we did vs Pitt and we should continue to do from here forward.

Key was protection more so than play calling, although better. Kaaya showed more grit, he missed some, but there were too many easy drops too. Still say if he hired a pro-spread OC the offense would be better from a scheme and play calling perspective. Team also lacks emotion IMO.

Still sick of 35 yard fades on 3 and 2

Agree with the fades, reminiscint of Marino and the Marks brothers, 3rd and short and throw the **** ball 30+ yards.

Advertisement
We should have been playing like this all along. Doesn't mean we would have won, but still would have given us a better shot. Those quick deep shots, even when they don't hit make the defense have to be weary of it.

Advertisement
Back