This is a GOOD thing

umiamifan1

Those guys were flying around...
Let's be real, a close loss would have bought this fraud even more time, but getting blown out at home on national television puts his *** squarely in the hot seat and will ultimately force change. I understand that the President and BOT have been largely apathetic up until now but embarrassing **** like this at least increases the odds that Blake and Manny's days are numbered. Blake has to go first, he made his bed when he didn't even conduct an honest coaching search and then PAID Temple to bring this dip**** back to Miami. That blatant abdication of his AD responsibilities proves how in-over-his-head he really was and continues to be, and all of our sports have gotten worse under his watch. Show him the ******* door or nothing substantive will change.

Finally, I implore you: Please STOP donating and attending games until there is action. If you're tired of watching this **** product every week like I am then you need to speak with your wallet or the message won't be received...and when they call and ask why you aren't renewing your season tickets, tell them why.

Advertisement
I think if he scrapes by with 7 wins he keeps his job. I haven't seen anything from our admin that indicates differently. Best to ignore the message board rumors of BOT discontent, because it never turns into anything and that's all that matters.

For those of you expecting timely major changes to correct our downward slide

NEVER underestimate the abilities of stupid people to continually make stupid decisions.

Despite all the plain evidence ....They still are not convinced. Maybe one day.... but not anytime soon.

You might also want to consider taking up other activities for the time being.

So otherwise, life's great!! I've increased my family time, added community projects and taken up several other hobbies to help pass the time.

getting blown out at home on national television puts his *** squarely in the hot seat
giphy.gif

I think if he scrapes by with 7 wins he keeps his job. I haven't seen anything from our admin that indicates differently. Best to ignore the message board rumors of BOT discontent, because it never turns into anything and that's all that matters.
No chance. All of the 2019 losses and the expectations of this season wont let that happen. Personally I don’t see him making it past UNC if that game goes close to how I’m expecting it to go.

Advertisement
You know, I was just starting to feel bad for Diaz; this was his dream job and I'm sure he is aware that it's too late to start preparing his team the way it should have been prepared in the offseason. Then I remembered he is making around 3.5 million per season, He's already banked $7 million and when he gets fired he'll bank at least another 5. He'll have made at $12 million in 3 years for the same quality coaching job that a D2 coach could have done at 250k per year. I feel less bad for him now.

You know, I was just starting to feel bad for Diaz; this was his dream job and I'm sure he is aware that it's too late to start preparing his team the way it should have been prepared in the offseason. Then I remembered he is making around 3.5 million per season, He's already banked $7 million and when he gets fired he'll bank at least another 5. He'll have made at $12 million in 3 years for the same quality coaching job that a D2 coach could have done at 250k per year. I feel less bad for him now.
He has his millions, I don’t feel bad for him in that regard. Unlike a guy like Golden however, who refused to make changes, Diaz did everything in his power to make things work here. Made all the right off-season moves, brought in big name transfers, and shuffled around coordinators.

Just couldn’t put it together at the end of the day though. Way to inexperienced for this role and doesn’t have the tenacity to be an HC at this level, at least right now.

He has his millions, I don’t feel bad for him in that regard. Unlike a guy like Golden however, who refused to make changes, Diaz did everything in his power to make things work here. Made all the right off-season moves, brought in big name transfers, and shuffled around coordinators.

Just couldn’t put it together at the end of the day though. Way to inexperienced for this role and doesn’t have the tenacity to be an HC at this level, at least right now.

He also screwed himself with decisions like deciding that we didn't need any LB help in the portal because he thought we had enough talent on the roster. You think having a quality LB or two might have made a difference against Michigan State?

Advertisement
Let's be real, a close loss would have bought this fraud even more time, but getting blown out at home on national television puts his *** squarely in the hot seat and will ultimately force change. I understand that the President and BOT have been largely apathetic up until now but embarrassing **** like this at least increases the odds that Blake and Manny's days are numbered. Blake has to go first, he made his bed when he didn't even conduct an honest coaching search and then PAID Temple to bring this dip**** back to Miami. That blatant abdication of his AD responsibilities proves how in-over-his-head he really was and continues to be, and all of our sports have gotten worse under his watch. Show him the ******* door or nothing substantive will change.

Finally, I implore you: Please STOP donating and attending games until there is action. If you're tired of watching this **** product every week like I am then you need to speak with your wallet or the message won't be received...and when they call and ask why you aren't renewing your season tickets, tell them why.

This is the first time in my life as a Canes fan that I am actively rooting for Miami to lose games.

I can't take 2022 with Manny Diaz and another off-season of nonsense.

Run this thing into the dirt this year and make it undeniable.

Diaz will be 2-4 after North Carolina and won't be shocked if he's gone Sunday October 17th.

The only saving grace for him will be if Van Dyke or Garcia can make some noise.

Hopefully they do..... next year. Put 2021 out to pasture.

This was supposed to the year for Diaz. Finally a coastal title and birth in the ACCCG. Clemson lost Lawrence and Ettiene. King, Harley, and the O-line returning. A defense returning Bolden, Hall, Ivey, Blades, Frierson, Carter, Nesta, JHH and the addition of Rique. The best punter in the world and the brother of the best K in the world. T-Rob and Jess. Year two in Lashlee’s system. Better depth.

7 wins? That’s what Diaz pulls with 👆👆👆👆?

7 wins? A crappy bowl game against a directional school. 4th place in the coastal.

Coaches get fired for that crap and we are talking about Diaz maybe saving his own ***? BS. He’s gone. If Miami makes a crappy bowl game, Diaz won’t be the one coaching it.

Nah. We were favored, at home, senior laden team, on a scorching afternoon against a northern team. And people were already on edge after the first 2 games. The score differential was salt in the wound, but a closer score wouldn't have helped Manny.

Advertisement
This is the first time in my life as a Canes fan that I am actively rooting for Miami to lose games.

I can't take 2022 with Manny Diaz and another off-season of nonsense.

Run this thing into the dirt this year and make it undeniable.

Diaz will be 2-4 after North Carolina and won't be shocked if he's gone Sunday October 17th.

The only saving grace for him will be if Van Dyke or Garcia can make some noise.

Hopefully they do..... next year. Put 2021 out to pasture.
Man, I'm dumbstruck reading this from you. I can't disagree either. I fear there is no hope unless a change is made. This year the pieces were supposed to be in place. Ffs it's just more of the same.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back