This board is like Capitol Hill

Shogungts

Junior
Premium
... in how polarized it is. Apparently there is no middle ground; the vocal few seem to drown out what I am guessing is the majority. Either the team sucks or is going to go 14-0 and win the MNC, but I think most members (many are probably lurkers) feel like the team is somewhere in the middle.

I think this team is the best we have had in sometime, but I also think it's important to look at the entire resume to date and not just the record. Saying we are 6-0 is kinda like saying you have a 4.0 when all of your classes except for one are underwater basket weaving. Let's take a look at some facts and some subjectives and see what everyone else thinks...

Facts:

- Miami is 6-0
- Miami is ranked in the top 10
- Miami has played one team with a winning record
- Miami beat a solid (if not really solid) team in UF

Subjective, but I think most can agree:

- We don't win the UNC game under Shannon, Coker and possibly Golden's first year or two
- Morris is inconsistent - whether this is b/c it is what he is or whether it is due to injury is up for debate (my opinion is that it is what he is)
- Depth is an issue at Safety and RB (although the later made me feel better tonight)
- The defense, while improved, is still a liability

Subjective and my opinion:

- We are a top 20 team (maybe top 15; not top 10)
- We have a good chance of winning the Coastal (but VT is no gimme)
- We are not on the same level as FSU and Clemson - I think our team is on the right track and I think we are good enough that we could beat either on the right day, but if we were to play either 10 times, I dont think we beat them more than 2 or 3 times each (I hope I am wrong on this).
- I think we lose 2 games in the regular season

What do you guys think (I fully expect the slurpers and the doom and gloomers to neg me to 'Boliva on this)?

P.S. Sorry for the analogy, but I live on Capitol Hill and it is still fresh on everyones mind.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back