Think F$U might play it a bit differently now...

MiamiVice7

Senior
that they are basically out of the ACC (and certainly playoff) race?

What I mean is, maybe they are just that much more willing to go for a 4th and short. Or say **** it and fake a punt or field goal.

I think it's an interesting variable to consider in terms of how they call the game and the moves they might be willing to make now versus if they were still in the race. A small one, perhaps, but interesting. Sometimes in these games it's just a few plays here and there that make all the difference.

Of course, the plan is to wreck them so bad that this won't matter. But just sayin'.

Advertisement
Miami and and Florida are their bowl games now. They've lost the chance for the playoff, the ACCCG, and one of the premier bowls.

This game is still critical for them, even if they are out of the ACC race. The recruiting angle alone is enormous. They aren't going to be any more risk averse than they normally are.

Miami and and Florida are their bowl games now. They've lost the chance for the playoff, the ACCCG, and one of the premier bowls.

That and the Clemson game they have at home. I doubt they're assessing their season and circling which games they now care most about, though. It'll be really interesting to see what their mindset is in this game. If Jimbo really is losing that locker room and there is dissension, it'll be noticeable on Saturday.

Doesn't matter their record. They will always get hype for this game. I throw out everything that's happen prior in a season when these two teams meet

Advertisement
We've taken them to the wire coached by Golden with three losses under us. No reason to think it won't be a dog fight. That is still a more talented team even if they haven't figured out how to play right

This game is still critical for them, even if they are out of the ACC race. The recruiting angle alone is enormous. They aren't going to be any more risk averse than they normally are.

Players don't give a crap about dudes that are probably coming to take their job.

Will be the most dangerous FSU team all year. This is a HUGE week to rally the troops for Jimbo!

Dont expect to see the same FSU. They will be ready with nothing to lose!

Its going to be a slugfest!

We've taken them to the wire coached by Golden with three losses under us. No reason to think it won't be a dog fight. That is still a more talented team even if they haven't figured out how to play right

This is the way I look at it. Miami hasn't been that good the last few years, and played them tough anyway, even with Winston vs Miami with a true freshman. All bets are off in rivalry games.

Advertisement
I just think we're better than them.

I've thought the talent was similar on both sides the last two years. They had better depth to roll throughout the line up.

Now I think our top end talent exceeds there's.

I'd take Coley AND Richards over Rudolph

I'd take Njoku and Herndon over who ever their guy is

Dalvin and Demarcus Walker aren't enough, especially Demarcus. For every great play Demarcus makes, there's 5 chunk plays given up by somebody else.

Sweat is playing hurt. The secondary is inexperienced.

I like Kaaya's command of the offense and I think Richt is going to get the tempo going from the door.

We'll see if they can keep up

Depends on the ebbs and flow on how the game starts.
If we jump out on them like Ole Miss and Louisville did they will get desperate to try and make plays. We can take advantage of that by pinning our ears back and making their Qb attempt some throws that he sure doesn't want to make.
That is when we will make them pay.

Last edited:
Kind of agree with OP, to a certain extent.

I'd think FSU will be more likely to go on 4th and short, 4th and goal. Fake punts and gimmick stuff (e.g. onsides kick) I'm not so sure.

But they have nothing to lose and everything (recruiting) to win, so don't see why they wouldn't open up the entire playbook and take a few risks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If a one loss team doesn't give a **** about stopping a team on their side of the field with two and a half minutes left in a tie game im not sure they're getting too up for anything

Advertisement
Whatever they're confident about, we're going to beat it out of'em...

If we can come out and punch them in the face a few times and take a reasonable lead, it might be a very, very long day for them. Their spirit is fragile right now.

Advertisement
We haven't faced a team with FSU talent but they have. They have the advantage of being acclimated to a speed we have only seen in practice against each other. So we need to be prepared and execute, this game will be a war.

Yes- they r acclimated to getting torched by teams with our speed /talent...

They gave away those stupid state champs rings last year...u bet they're gonna be gunning for a W. We need to win. Period. Just win.

Advertisement
Back