There are no moral victories

Consigliere

All-American
but I continue to be amazed by Coach and what he gets out of his players. Before the season (once Burnett went down), I thought that we were screwed and had no chance of winning more than 5 games in the ACC.

It's hard to imagine where we would be if Burnett was playing this year.

Here are some of our Ls

St. Francis (lost by 4)

UCF (lost by 5)

GW (we had the lead with a minute remaining and the last possession)

VT (we had the lead with 19 seconds remaining and the last possession, then we lost by 1 in overtime)

@ Cuse (lost by 5)

Cuse (lost by 12 but we had the game tied with 5 minutes left and we were unable to score for 7.5 minutes)

No joke, if Burnett plays I believe he could average 6-8 points. I believe we would be 14-5 or 15-4 at this point with 4 wins in the ACC.

Next year will be a fun year.

Advertisement
What Coach L has done with this team is truly amazing. Going into the season, I thought we were going to be terrible...then we lost to St. Francis. I thought we'd have a hard time winning more than a couple games in the ACC and thought we'd get run out of the gym against the elite teams. Instead, we have been competitive in almost every game, we had undefeated Syracuse on the ropes twice, and we've lost a ton of close games, which really shouldn't be surprising considering that we are so limited offensively.

Our PGs are a 17 year old Belgian kid and a true freshman that hadn't played the PG before. The only guys that can really create their own shot off the dribble are Lecomte and Adams, and Adams is basically the basketball equivalent of Jimmy Gaines - a veteran guy that plays hard but is limited in what he can provide. Rion Brown, the 6th or 7th best player on last year's team, is our best scorer, but he can't really create his own shot. Kelly is streaky, Jekiri is limited, and Kirk is solid but unspectacular. We just don't have a go to guy at the end of games that we can rely on to get point.

Oh, and despite all of that, and despite the fact that our coach has a very strong preference for playing man D, we've implemented a matchup zone on D MIDSEASON that has limited almost every team (if not every team) to less than their season average. It sucks that we are losing some of these games, but it's really enjoyable to see this team scrap against everyone. Coach L is awesome.

im all in on coach l.

I see progression with certain players already...Lecomte is someone i didnt expect nothing from for 2 years...and dude is ahead of schedule...Jekiri is stating to progress....you can see guys learning..also u can see guys PLAYING HARD....Swoope had a game where he had **** near 20 pts....Swoope...

Kudoes to coach l and the staff

I commend what Coach L has done with the team this year but as a fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars, Orlando Magic, and Miami Marlins, and a lot of Canes sports, I'm sick to death of moral victories. Better than nothing but still... As far as basketball is concerned, can't wait for this season to be over and next season to start.

No joke, if Burnett plays I believe he could average 6-8 points. I believe we would be 14-5 or 15-4 at this point with 4 wins in the ACC.

Burnett was our leading scorer in the scrimmage, I believe. I think he would be averaging double-digits for us, and would also add ballhandling - I think that we would probably have back at least 2-3 of those wins, and that's conservative.

And yes, I don't love moral victories either, but this year, we're getting more ACTUAL victories than I predicted, so I will gladly take the moral ones as well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back