The U vs Cornhuskers........ easy win

Caneibal

Redshirt Freshman
Nebraska is somewhere between AK State n Louisville at this point. We should win by 7 points.

Offense
They will not give us deep ball in game. We have to use middle of field with deep square ins and TE. Run the ball with 3 receiver spread use TE as blocker n run inside of tackles. Duke runs close to 150 we win.

Defense
Make Qb beat u throwing the ball like Donofrio has done vs G Tech. Play 6-7 man front. The Qb always runs on zone read to the side the RB lines up on. Armbrister/Grace has to take Qb and let Perryman have the RB. Chikillo can have great game here.

Advertisement
Perhaps you're going for shock value, but Nebraska is not an easy win for this team. We are on the road in a hostile environment with a true freshman QB, and a very suspect offensive line from the center to the right tackle.

Further, we have not had an easy win against a BCS program for as long as I can remember. ****, we barely escaped the likes of Wake Forest, NC State, etc.... in recent years.

Last edited:
Screen_shot_2012-01-18_at_5.28.23_PM.png

Guy says "easy win" and then "by seven points" in the same sentence.

Can't make this **** up.

Advertisement
Does anyone know if they run a high tempo hurry up offense like Ark St. did ? Their 1st drive seemed to give our defense fits.

This game is a race to who plays ****tier. Both teams have brutal flaws and horrendous coaching.

I'm a big believer in precedent. With this staff, once we look to the past to predict the future, I'd be pleasantly surprised if we even had a chance to win the 4th qtr.

Advertisement
Nebraska is somewhere between AK State n Louisville at this point. We should win by 7 points.

Offense
They will not give us deep ball in game. We have to use middle of field with deep square ins and TE. Run the ball with 3 receiver spread use TE as blocker n run inside of tackles. Duke runs close to 150 we win.

Defense
Make Qb beat u throwing the ball like Donofrio has done vs G Tech. Play 6-7 man front. The Qb always runs on zone read to the side the RB lines up on. Armbrister/Grace has to take Qb and let Perryman have the RB. Chikillo can have great game here.

Been reading this board for a while, and I'm kind of laughing at the perception of Tommy Armstrong, JR. Kid is a dramatically better thrower than any Triple Option QB at Georgia Tech. He was offered by Oregon, A&M, and Mizzou out of high school for a reason.

I think a great defensive coordinator can confuse him with coverages. But his skill set is fine. The kid has a very strong arm with a quick release and throws a terrific deep ball.

Armstrong is 10-1 in 11 games as a starter.
He has thrown for 1700 yards with 16 TD's and only 6 Interceptions in his last 9 games.

He never played in bad losses last season to Iowa or Minnesota.

Currently, he is one of only four QB's from a Power 5 Conference program with at least 1,000 total yards and 10 or more total TD's. Any while you might say, "he hasn't played anyone," keep in mind most of College football has played a couple of patsies by now.

Fully expect us to trend up...in coaching inadequacy. We WILL **** the bed somewhere beteween kick off and the end of the 4th qtr.

I suspect that Nebraska will be really up for this game.

three possible outcomes (just like the UL game) with approximate %s:

1. we get blown out - 50%
2. we lose a close game - 25%
3. we win a close game - 25%

Advertisement
I suspect that Nebraska will be really up for this game.

three possible outcomes (just like the UL game) with approximate %s:

1. we get blown out - 50%
2. we lose a close game - 5%
3. we win a close game - 5%
4. we get out coached...again - 40%

Fixed it to be a bit more accurate

Offense

Defense

How did that work out?

ESPN excerpts:

LINCOLN, Neb. -- Ameer Abdullah ran for 229 yards to lead a punishing ground game, and No. 24 Nebraska celebrated the 20th anniversary of its 1994 national championship team with an emotional 41-31 victory over Miami on Saturday night.

Miami (2-2) got within three points in the third quarter, but its five personal fouls in the second half helped the Huskers pull away. Only the coaches and team captains shook hands after the game. Fans booed as Miami left the field.

Miami's Brad Kaaya threw for 359 yards and three touchdowns but was intercepted twice, and Duke Johnson ran 18 times for 93 yards.

Advertisement
cant believe people dont see the writing on the wall.

this has to be the biggest example of confirmation bias

This years different . The players are buying in like never before.

Canes win 70-2

This years different . The players are buying in like never before.

Canes win 70-2

Sounds reasonable.

Now, if the players bought in at unprecedented levels, it could be 100-3.

Advertisement
Back