The trenches will be the linchpin of this team

gabednconfused

That/Dude
Premium
Offense:

Enos is calling plays which lead me to believe that he has more trust in the offensive line than WE ALL DO. Calling play-action as frequently as he does and putting us under center is something you do when you have a dominant line.

We do not have a dominant line. We have very young underdeveloped kids. 2 true freshman, 1 true soph, 1 r/s soph who is getting his first game action, and then big ole 55, who unfortunately has not progressed how we want. Zion had a horrible game as did Clark. Just was overall a lack of strength and skill we are getting mopped.

Enos doesn't want us to be one dimensional and be in shotgun all the time, but I do not see much of another way to do this.

Defense:

Simply either scheme or players are not penetrating how we need them to be. This is not Miami football or line play. These ******* DL stunts are driving me nuts. Are players are engaging and holding with OL where in the past we wanted to break engagement and disrupt running lanes. I do not understand why this type of play has left us.

-------------

When you look at the issues we have right now, a lot can be traced to inexperience, but a TON can be traced to scheme, on both sides of the ball. Manny made his name by being able to adjust his type of play and both his OC and DC need to do just that to call plays and schemes which match their talent base.

Bad game, but still a win.

Advertisement
Offense:

Enos is calling plays which lead me to believe that he has more trust in the offensive line than WE ALL DO. Calling play-action as frequently as he does and putting us under center is something you do when you have a dominant line.

We do not have a dominant line. We have very young underdeveloped kids. 2 true freshman, 1 true soph, 1 r/s soph who is getting his first game action, and then big ole 55, who unfortunately has not progressed how we want. Zion had a horrible game as did Clark. Just was overall a lack of strength and skill we are getting mopped.

Enos doesn't want us to be one dimensional and be in shotgun all the time, but I do not see much of another way to do this.

Defense:

Simply either scheme or players are not penetrating how we need them to be. This is not Miami football or line play. These ******* DL stunts are driving me nuts. Are players are engaging and holding with OL where in the past we wanted to break engagement and disrupt running lanes. I do not understand why this type of play has left us.

-------------

When you look at the issues we have right now, a lot can be traced to inexperience, but a TON can be traced to scheme, on both sides of the ball. Manny made his name by being able to adjust his type of play and both his OC and DC need to do just that to call plays and schemes which match their talent base.

Bad game, but still a win.

You should seek medical help...

1569159588541.png

Advertisement
Back