The sun has risen

imurcane

Banned
Banned
Im bummed out more with how we played last night than the actual result. I know that makes me less of a fan than the super fans. I do not believe we are a top 10 team. I don't think you all think so either. It hurts to get there, and get exposed. The over confidence by the posters here was unfortunate, it makes the loss that much harder to take. So where are we? Thank me for my analysis in a few moments, lol!

Our defensive line is special. I actually was watching the DL a lot last night bc I was curious how they would do against what I thought was better competition. They are awesome. I did think there was a little let down or run out of gas at a point in the early 4th or late 3rd. But they turned it all the way on. Our guys beat the **** out of the Fsu line and Francis! The DL is deep, talented, and i expect with Kool to see nothing but reloading.

Our linebackers played very well. If I knew nothing about the linebackers, and the announcers weren't saying every three minutes that they were freshmen, I would never think they were frosh. The only play that stands out as a negative to me is on the Cook TD catch when one of the LBs got washed and fell down. That could have happened to anyone. The "few" kids we have there are super talented. I think we have to get some depth there. The play so far has been incredible in my opinion. What could Vilma, Morgan, or DJ done any differently at this point? Slightly tongue in cheek bc Im not suggesting they are all equal or that there have been no mistakes . . .

The secondary hasn't been as good as I would have liked considering the play of the front 7. Unfortunately, the reality is they have played better than I expected coming into the season.

The wideouts have been a disappointment. Coley has been good. Richards has been solid. Do we have any other schollie wideouts? The ******* drops are maddening.

The tight ends were nonexistent last night. Overall they haven't done a whole lot this year. I thought it was bc of the situations we found ourselves in offensively.

The ******* offensive line is making me sick. I do think FSU has a solid DL, but **** they practice against our DL. Richt has to upgrade this spot ASAP. Clearly we have to wait till January or next September, but we have to get some guys who can play. We are asking freshman to come in and play better than upper classmen. How realistic is that? So player development will likely be super critical with this group. I think a few JUCO OL would be nice, but Im not optimistic.

The running backs were non existent last night. Overall Ive been pleased with them though.

Kaaya has been a disappointment this year. His footwork was terrible last night. He has regressed imo. The good news is he can improve, and get better. Will he? If the OL doesn't improve and if the TEs don't make a few plays and if the WRs don't catch the ******* ball, BK won't look any better.

Richt . . . clearly program is better. His play calling hasn't been very desirable.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Advertisement
Solid analysis. We will learn alot about this teams resolve next week. If we fold and lose, it is going to be a long finish to the season. If we win and play well then I am hopefully optimistic. Kaaya needs to stop playing like a below average qb, the offensive line needs to stop being simply abysmal, and Richt has to do better in playcalling.

Can't say Dline is special. They still gave up too many yards on the ground. And we have no pass rush without blitzing.

It's been a while since we had a really good Dline so we are quick to label them.

A special Dline wins that game for us with TFL and pressures without blitzing.

I was disappointed with Chad Thomas last night no where to be found again.

With that said there are a lot of positives to take from that game.

Advertisement
We DON't have the depth FSU has at ANY position. We almost won the game however. Give Richt some credit after 5 years of the Golden debacle. OL has done a poor job of protecting Kaaya & now Sonny is hurt (update anyone?) Still very concerned about all of the penalties which really hurt us last night in case anyone is interested.

Can't say Dline is special. They still gave up too many yards on the ground. And we have no pass rush without blitzing.

It's been a while since we had a really good Dline so we are quick to label them.

A special Dline wins that game for us with TFL and pressures without blitzing.

I was disappointed with Chad Thomas last night no where to be found again.

With that said there are a lot of positives to take from that game.

43 carries for 167 is 3.8 ypc & 1 of them was for 54 yards. DLINE was incredible.

Kaaya has regressed. Is it too early to call for firing Mark son? It was a mistake for Mark to hire him as real coach. This is not a training ground.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back