The Opening’s “Fastest Man” takes recruiting slow, will wait on a decision

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
2019 Cardinal Gibbons RB Vincent Davis was having a solid Opening Miami Regional. That was, until it was time for the 40 Yard Dash. Davis recorded one of the top 5 fastest times at the camp and, as such, was pitted in a race against the other four in Nike’s “Fastest Man” competition. Davis easily blew by the field, recording a 4.49 40, sending the crowd into a frenzy and taking home the crown of “Fastest Man”.

On his performance for the day: “I did good. It wasn’t the best, but I did good. It was very exciting winning Fastest Man, though,” Davis said with a big smile.

The 5’9” 170 pound Davis was coming off a broken clavicle suffered in his sophomore season, but was still able to amass 940 rushing yards and 12 TD’s for Cardinal Gibbons in his junior season.

“Coming off of injury, it was pretty good,” Davis said. “We fell short to American Heritage in the playoffs by one point.”

Davis is hoping for Miami interest, but for now only has low Power 5 offers as of now. Who is he hearing from the most?

“Pittsburgh, Kentucky, Syracuse, Illinois… basically, I have 8 offers right now, so I’m hearing a lot from all those schools. I’m keeping it open right now.”

When it comes time to make his decision, what will Davis be looking for most in his school of choice?”

“Well, the environment, it has to be a good environment for me. Whatever I’m going to be studying, the field I’ll be studying, I want that school to be one of the top in that area. And a good relationship with the coaches.”

Davis is enjoying the recruiting process and is going to take his time instead of rushing a decision.

“I’m just waiting, letting everything fall into place,” Davis said. “I’ll let everyone know when the time’s right, though, I’ll post it on Twitter (laughs).”

Advertisement
Nice Article!
Stefan while talking speed anything on the U's recent interest in 2019 Southridge CB Christopher McDonald? Not the biggest at a listed 5-11/175 but is a physical tackler. This his first season of running track 2018 posted a 100m--11.08 (this into a -2.9mps headwind) equals a 10.83 with no wind and has made the HS national elite at 60m.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/6634835/Christopher-McDonald-Jr

Nice Article!
Stefan while talking speed anything on the U's recent interest in 2019 Southridge CB Christopher McDonald? Not the biggest at a listed 5-11/175 but is a physical tackler. This his first season of running track 2018 posted a 100m--11.08 (this into a -2.9mps headwind) equals a 10.83 with no wind and has made the HS national elite at 60m.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/6634835/Christopher-McDonald-Jr

Haven't heard much, but I will look into it.

Advertisement
This kid is the read deal, I'm a true football fan and I know a stud when I see one and this kid definitely one!! This is the type of kid that ends up at GT and we see and be like "how did Miami not recruit this kid".. If this kid continues to go the RECRUITING events, his name will get out..

I like to recruit the big name recruits, BUT this kid is one that I wouldn't mind getting in this class..

This kid is the read deal, I'm a true football fan and I know a stud when I see one and this kid definitely one!! This is the type of kid that ends up at GT and we see and be like "how did Miami not recruit this kid".. If this kid continues to go the RECRUITING events, his name will get out..

I like to recruit the big name recruits, BUT this kid is one that I wouldn't mind getting in this class..
While true, we can only take so many RBs in one class, and this year is absolutely loaded at the position. I can't see any way we take more than 3, and even 3 is if one or two of them are athletes that can play multiple positions.

Advertisement
Back