The only way to get Miami's attention-vote no with your money.

TpaBayFlyFisher

World Class Angler
Premium
I have been a fan, buying seats, shirts, hats mouse pads, cups, well everything Miami since the early 1970s. I have given money directly to the athletic department. I have helped fund banners. But enough is enough. Kirk was 100% correct. The current Miami BOT, president, and athletic directors [yes, we have two] do not care about excellence. They do not care about championships. In fact, our big three men's sports are at historic lows. Perhaps that is because of who is running things. Our head baseball coach is a first-time head coach who also happens to be the son of one of the school's largest boosters. Our head football coach is a first-time head coach [don't give me the bs about Temple-he never unpacked before we sent them $4 million] who also happens to be the son of the head of the Democrat party of Florida and former mayor of Miami. Our head basketball coach is, well-experienced, but he is well past retirement age-even for south Florida. Perhaps it is his son calling the shots.

I believe there is only one way to show our displeasure. That is to join the administration in not caring. So, I urge all my life-long fan friends to join me in showing that we no longer care. From today forward, I will not watch any Miami TV, I will not listen to any Miami radio, I will not stream any Miami internet content, I will not buy any tickets, hats, shirts, cups, anything Cane related. Now I understand that much of that will impact people other than the BOT, but it is time for serious action.

In the 1960s and 1970s the University of Miami was known nationally as a rich-kid school snickering referred to as "Sun-tan U". Football and baseball changed that to "The U". Today, we are viewed as the team everyone beats-in everything. Join me. Perhaps someone will listen to us.

Advertisement
I'll give the athletic department money when I can buy the next one of these.

20211001_101524.jpg

Advertisement
I have been a fan, buying seats, shirts, hats mouse pads, cups, well everything Miami since the early 1970s. I have given money directly to the athletic department. I have helped fund banners. But enough is enough. Kirk was 100% correct. The current Miami BOT, president, and athletic directors [yes, we have two] do not care about excellence. They do not care about championships. In fact, our big three men's sports are at historic lows. Perhaps that is because of who is running things. Our head baseball coach is a first-time head coach who also happens to be the son of one of the school's largest boosters. Our head football coach is a first-time head coach [don't give me the bs about Temple-he never unpacked before we sent them $4 million] who also happens to be the son of the head of the Democrat party of Florida and former mayor of Miami. Our head basketball coach is, well-experienced, but he is well past retirement age-even for south Florida. Perhaps it is his son calling the shots.

I believe there is only one way to show our displeasure. That is to join the administration in not caring. So, I urge all my life-long fan friends to join me in showing that we no longer care. From today forward, I will not watch any Miami TV, I will not listen to any Miami radio, I will not stream any Miami internet content, I will not buy any tickets, hats, shirts, cups, anything Cane related. Now I understand that much of that will impact people other than the BOT, but it is time for serious action.

In the 1960s and 1970s the University of Miami was known nationally as a rich-kid school snickering referred to as "Sun-tan U". Football and baseball changed that to "The U". Today, we are viewed as the team everyone beats-in everything. Join me. Perhaps someone will listen to us.
Baby Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

Your telling mega slurpers to not use their money. Not happening those dudes are delusional and mentally incapable of doing such a thing. The next HC they hire if it's bad is basically a fund raiser party for them.......if it's a scrub they will still give all their money and start making 15-0 or we back posts.

all of you bumble****s who posted in here to stop supporting should A) STFU and GTFO B) quit telling us about your $#ityy financial situation.

Do it and move on or dont do it but either way MOVE THE **** ON and quit posting about the BS that you posted after every HC since Jimmy Mf'in Johnson

Advertisement
all of you bumble****s who posted in here to stop supporting should A) STFU and GTFO B) quit telling us about your $#ityy financial situation.

Do it and move on or dont do it but either way MOVE THE **** ON and quit posting about the BS that you posted after every HC since Jimmy Mf'in Johnson
Ok.

I left Miami for San Diego in 1998 at 24 years old; after a youth filled with games at the Orange Bowl on Saturdays in fall.

For the next 15 years I would spend money I didn't have to fly back "home" for games and long weekends in Miami based around Canes football. I'd rally buds from So Cal to come with, to see a "real" football program and to witness Little Havana up close and personal.

I checked out about a decade ago; the last home game I went back for—a loss to North Carolina in 2012. (I was going to head back for Notre Dame in 2017, but something work-related came up and I couldn't.)

My family owned All Sports / allCanes from 1974 through 2016; so Canes merch was our livelihood—living and dying with this program. Cannot express the sigh of relief when we finally sold and were no longer tethered to this loser athletic department, who has run this program into the ground.

It'd been a good ten years since I was head to toe in UM gear; even turning it down or years when I could get it for free (and still can at a discount.)

I work in marketing and branding and I stopped looking at the Canes as a football team—but the athletic department as a failed business.

If my favorite restaurant now had a D-rating and was serving up day old slop that made people sick when they ate there—I wouldn't continue supporting them, simply because they used to be great and were my one-time favorite spot.

I'd hope they'd clean it up and get back to that A-grade and wouldn't eat there again until they did.

I not only refuse to buy anymore gear—but I use my long-time writing platform to take this administration down with the written word weekly.

Praying Manny gets his teeth kicked in again this weekend and that he's gone Sunday. If not, Pitt will be my new favorite team next week, then Georgia Tech and so-on.

Not rooting for this team again this season until Diaz is gone and there's an interim head coach on the sideline.

True story

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back