The ONLY two places Golden is going to go to!

bear

Sophomore
1. The white house to pose with the President after winning 'ships (plural)
2. To the state of Miami to make sure there are no cracks in the fence

There is NO way Golden does not see this thru boys. You do not put some much hard work enduring a fan base that at first was not convinced he was the correct hire, then THE SCANDAL only to leave before you see the fruits of your labor. This guy is the consummate professional and will be forever remembered and revered at the U. He is the legacy and his ties to the community will keep growing roots so strong that he may very well be here for the rest of his coaching career. He is sitting on the most fertile recruiting ground in the US and very well knows it. The U will not let him leave-NO WAY- but that is another thread in itself. So kick back and watch the college football world cringe as a classy coach takes it to them year after year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
His wife is in love with South Florida. He got paid. Most secure kind of job in America as long as you recruit well which isnt hard here.

Miami needs to make a decision. How important is UM Football for the school.. if the answer is very... you throw money at him. When golden wakes up Shalala should be standing above his bed making it rain.

Golden will stick around for a bit longer but if a much bigger offer comes along, unless he has a good financial incentive to stick around.. he wont.

look at history. all great coaches move on...unless you are a school that ONLY cars about the football program in that case you drown them in money

Miami needs to make a decision. How important is UM Football for the school.. if the answer is very... you throw money at him. When golden wakes up Shalala should be standing above his bed making it rain.

Golden will stick around for a bit longer but if a much bigger offer comes along, unless he has a good financial incentive to stick around.. he wont.

look at history. all great coaches move on...unless you are a school that ONLY cars about the football program in that case you drown them in money

I'm not sure I understand. The school already extended his contract and increased his salary, what decision is there to make right now?

And all the great coaches who moved on went to the NFL, can't do anything about that.

Everyone needs to get there to the game early to applause the job he has done, I for one will be there. Who knows that could go a long way in keeping him here for several more years

Advertisement

I'm not sure I understand. The school already extended his contract and increased his salary, what decision is there to make right now?

And all the great coaches who moved on went to the NFL, can't do anything about that.

Possibly more for the challenge than for the money.

I dont see him leaving without at the least two rings he's dedicated too much not to see the results

618.gif

Advertisement
Why so much talk suddenly about The Don leaving or not leaving? What happened that would trigger all this talk?

Advertisement
He's not going anywhere. He's an old school kind of cat and he will stay here for years. He's found his place, made his mark in the community and will now make his mark in the legendary history of UM coaches. He'll be around for a while.

Only 1 place: NFL.

Just don't see him leaving for another college job. Golden will (and should) use the Miami job as a springboard to the pros. Before the Coker/Shannon Era, that is exactly what the Miami job was: a springboard to the pros for Schelly, Jimmy, Dennis & Butch. In exchange, each built championship teams. Perfectly happy with that formula. Here's to Golden continuing that tradition before his inevitable departure to the pros.

Actually he has a pretty nice little Saturday planned. He's going to Home Depot. Yeah buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed Bath and Beyond... I don't know. I don't know if he'll have enough time.

Advertisement
Back