The Officiating

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
Was it horribly unfair? yes. dont matter, we should have stay aggressive. we know the refs always go against us. has to be taken into account.

Advertisement
Had we scored again in 2nd half, we would have seen more blatant cheating. I am sure ACC wanted to make sure they had a horse in the playoffs. Refs clearing never even thought about calling holding -- Rapist must be protected at all levels. The fumble by Jack's punk grandkid was horrible call and lack of review. That might have ended the game. I just bet if Kaaya gets that one pass off to Coley in the last drive and Coley caught it, a little yellow flag would be fluttering to the ground for holding on us. We need a much bigger lead in 1st half to have a chance.

refs didnt drop td passes, fumble the play, scale back the play calling, catch a tipped pass for a td. I agree FSU was always favored out of hatred for the U but we beat ourselves.

Now we have moved on to blaming the referees. This must be a part of the #CanesFam stages of grief.

Advertisement
Yeah, the refs blew a few calls.

But us older Miami fans have been dealing with this for years and years. After the loss to Notre Dame, JJ told the players that they couldn't leave it up to the refs. They had to win regardless, not letting a win or loss hang on one call.

Nothing's changed.

That O'leary catch fumble ruled incomplete towards the end of the game almost had me smashing my television in half. Maybe it was maybe it wasn't but to me it looked like it should have gone our way so that really, REALLY ****ed me off. That alone cost us the game. But of course we can go back to other game changers like Stan's fumble which cost us enormously, among others.

Advertisement
I'm sure FSU fans felt we got away with some stuff too. Fans always see things going against their team when it comes to the refs. Fact is, the refs didn't lose this game for us. The refs didn't cause Dalvin Cook to break off two long TD runs on us. The refs didn't cause Winston to start hitting guys in the second half. The refs didn't cause our guys to not be able to get pressure on Winston. And the refs didn't cause the untimely fumbles by our guys or the pick by Kaaya on the last drive. That was FSU making plays. We can be in denial all we want about those things and blame the refs but fact remains we lost that game and no other fans want to hear the excuses.

Advertisement
Back