The mighty SEC.

Err, Jacksonville State is an HBCU FCS (D1-AA in old speak) team. As an FBS (D1-A) team, you can't schedule D2 teams.

they are NOT an HBCU..and yes D1 school can schedule d2 schools but they dont very regularly.

Get your **** facts straight

Advertisement
You failed at that as well, QueenofWiltonManors.

Ooooooh, burn. Strong comeback, wehavelosttofsufor50straightyears.

You got all hot and bothered and didn't even know what you were attempting to argue about. It's cool; happens to my girlfriend all the time. Just make another new screen name on here and you'll be good to go.

The scary part is that you made that screen name in 2011. Join us in the 21st century.

Err, Jacksonville State is an HBCU FCS (D1-AA in old speak) team. As an FBS (D1-A) team, you can't schedule D2 teams.

they are NOT an HBCU..and yes D1 school can schedule d2 schools but they dont very regularly.

The only times I can recall a 1-FBS scheduling a D2 team is when the D1 team was in transition from a lower division. UTSA is one example that comes to mind. Outside of that, I can't recall anyone scheduling a D2 opponent.

Its funny that if Miami played in the Sec, they would be penciled in as a loss for every SEC team

If Miami was in the SEC, they would be favored to win the East just about every year because they would be getting $EC money. And $EC money means better coaching, IPF, and bigger fan base, better recruiting. It would answer all our problems.

I lol at the thought of Miami paying big $EC money for a better coach.

Advertisement
Some SEC results for your reading pleasure.
SEC's record since the 2013 National Championship game:
SEC vs ranked teams: 6-11
SEC vs top 10 teams: 0-5 (highest ranked opponent beaten- #15 )
Notable games: Losses to Jax State, Toledo, Temple, and Indiana (Ga Southern in 2013). OT vs Arky ST, 5 point win vs La Monroe, 7 point win vs La Lafayette.
Just the facts.

Last edited:
[]_[] swag;2284039 said:
Except for Arkansas they all came out with wins.

Last week they dominated against other power 5 conferences. I've been hearing about how UNC is one of the tough ACC games this year but they lost to So. Carolina who just lost to Kentucky.

Maybe Arkansas and Auburn were overrated, but A&M was underrated, and all these teams have been recruiting at an elite level

Please read results above.

[]_[] swag;2284214 said:
[]_[] swag;2284039 said:
Except for Arkansas they all came out with wins.

Last week they dominated against other power 5 conferences. I've been hearing about how UNC is one of the tough ACC games this year but they lost to So. Carolina who just lost to Kentucky.

Maybe Arkansas and Auburn were overrated, but A&M was underrated, and all these teams have been recruiting at an elite level

Yes, but the media portrayal when any other Power 5 conference team struggles against a lowly opponent is that the team doesn't seem to be that good....when an SEC team does it, it's because they had a bad game, played down to their opponent, sleepwalked through the game, etc.

I agree with this, I'm just saying they're still clearly the best conference. The talent level is just better and they put more money in their football programs.

The whole SEC conspiracy nonsense just sounds like losers crying about the teams on top. I do think there's a good chance a few are cheating on the recruiting trail though.

The problem is it's a self-fulfilling prophesy. The SEC teams have a free major recruiting advantage because they have the media recruiting for them. Everything is "SEC this" and "SEC that". Even the crap SEC teams are hyped up for games...."we'll be seeing how the other team fares against and SEC defense", when in reality the only thing that makes it an SEC defense is that they happen to be wearing SEC patches on their jerseys. But when all recruits here is "SEC, SEC" then of course more are going to be drawn to the SEC.

Never thought I could agree with DK, but you are correct here.

Advertisement

The only times I can recall a 1-FBS scheduling a D2 team is when the D1 team was in transition from a lower division. UTSA is one example that comes to mind. Outside of that, I can't recall anyone scheduling a D2 opponent.

Louisiana–Lafayette played North alabama in 1998...LLU lost in quadruple overtime. Again D2 vs D1 happens very rarely but it happens.

Advertisement
Back