The Miami perspective on the PCSA after Senate Passing

CanesInSight Articles
7 min read

Comments (29)

If Miami gets into the Big 10, Miami football is dead.

No way on earth we will recruit the players we want by scheduling games in Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan etc in October/November, and we are NOT built like those teams. They are big, lumbering teams that we will beat, but at immense physical cost - fast beats slow, but big only has to catch you once to injure you.

I can sell a family in Louisiana, Georgia or Florida easily on sending their son to the U, and they can see them play several times a year in the SEC. I can’t do that for the B1G…

As much as I hate the SEC, that’s our only option. Period.
The Big 10 keeps winning nattys somehow though, OSU, Michigan, Indiana
 
I initially supported having some sort of control over transfers and eligibility, etc.

But this law completely butchered conferences and TV media deals. So im out.

The way its being crafted is clear who is in charge (espn, sec, big10), which means enforcement of any rules will never be fair to us.

Their method also leaves two conferences to die, again terrible for the sport. Even the SEC adding an extra conference game and killing more inter conference exposure and insulating their power further js already being felt with the Polls. Just two conferences will be so whack. So yea, canes can survive by going to a big conference (at an unreasonable price), but the rest of acc and big12 teams will die slowly? Just dumb.

So **** it, leave it as the wild wild west I guess.
 
As opposed to flying to Bay Area?

Travel not much different than ACC now if Miami went to B1G

Reading comprehension is not your thing - I specifically mentioned SEC.

The ACC is useless, look at the rankings right now. A two loss Miami team will go through the same charade as last year every time, a two loss SEC team is in almost guaranteed.
 
Disagree ... look no further than Oregon, USC, Ohio State.
Cristobal out Big Ten Footballed the Wisconsin Badgers at their peak when Russell Wilson went there.

Agree, this is patently incorrect and ahistorical.

Cristobal's teams are built to go toe to toe with B1G teams.

See Also: Ohio St last year.
 
Reading comprehension is not your thing - I specifically mentioned SEC.

The ACC is useless, look at the rankings right now. A two loss Miami team will go through the same charade as last year every time, a two loss SEC team is in almost guaranteed.

You did?!? I see no mention of SEC

Ah yes, the ever lovely travel cross country to play two teams.

Ohio State recruits big boys from Ohio/PA and skill players from Florida. Do you want to give them and Michigan even more inroads to SoFla?
 
If Miami gets into the Big 10, Miami football is dead.

No way on earth we will recruit the players we want by scheduling games in Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan etc in October/November, and we are NOT built like those teams. They are big, lumbering teams that we will beat, but at immense physical cost - fast beats slow, but big only has to catch you once to injure you.

I can sell a family in Louisiana, Georgia or Florida easily on sending their son to the U, and they can see them play several times a year in the SEC. I can’t do that for the B1G…

As much as I hate the SEC, that’s our only option. Period.

@Tony4Canes reading is fundamental.
 
Back
Top