The Market determines value ...

MIATL513

Freshman
... as I said:

The market does not have a very high opinion of Jedd Fisch ...

Michigan: The salaries of some of the Michigan assistants have been released by the Detroit News; Tim Drevno (OC/OL) – $800k, DJ Durkin (DC / LBs) – $800k, Jay Harbaugh (TEs) – $175k year one and $200k year two, Greg Mattison (DL) – $500k and a $200k signing bonus, Tyrone Wheatley (RBs) – $335k year one and $365 in year two, John Baxter (STC) – $350k, Jedd Fisch (pass game coordinator / QBs / WRs) – $200k, Greg Jackson (secondary) – $300k and a $50k signing bonus, and Michael Zordich (secondary) – $287k.

Advertisement
... as I said:

The market does not have a very high opinion of Jedd Fisch ...

Michigan: The salaries of some of the Michigan assistants have been released by the Detroit News; Tim Drevno (OC/OL) – $800k, DJ Durkin (DC / LBs) – $800k, Jay Harbaugh (TEs) – $175k year one and $200k year two, Greg Mattison (DL) – $500k and a $200k signing bonus, Tyrone Wheatley (RBs) – $335k year one and $365 in year two, John Baxter (STC) – $350k, Jedd Fisch (pass game coordinator / QBs / WRs) – $200k, Greg Jackson (secondary) – $300k and a $50k signing bonus, and Michael Zordich (secondary) – $287k.

**** he straight crapped on Jedds Fisch plate an told him to have seconds when he is done with that. Thing is Harbraugh will help coach the QB's as along with Jedd Fisch, an as for the WR's they are just window dressing in Harbraugh's offense, the TE's are more of a passing focus.

Greg mattison took a big pay cut down from $1.1 million/yr to $500K , but then again he could be out of work all together such coaching the DLine is nice consolation prize after being demoted.

Go Canes

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
The assistant most likely had to take a pay cut because Harbaughs salary, and they did so understand that under this coach they'll get bigger opportunities soon and then get paid big money.

Im sure he's getting paid from his NFL contract still so maybe he agreed to take a small cut for a year or two to help with the rest of the staff.

Advertisement
Right, I bet Jedd is gone by the end of yr two to be an OC somewhere again…. those other Coordinators know that if they have success they will get some legit opportunities in the next couple of years….. and that is surely not chump change. I am also sure that there is some booster money in there that is not part of that equation as well….

To ascertain the market, you have to look at Jed's total salary. Jax + UofM (or Jax minus UofM, as applicable) for 2015. Jax is probably still paying him and this is his way of ******** over Jax while helping UofM--this is the smallest offset possible. Jax is indirectly paying UofM's personnel costs.

Last edited:
Right, I bet Jedd is gone by the end of yr two to be an OC somewhere again…. those other Coordinators know that if they have success they will get some legit opportunities in the next couple of years….. and that is surely not chump change. I am also sure that there is some booster money in there that is not part of that equation as well….
Fisch is a confirmed job hopper. Of course he'll be gone in a year or two. D-1 OC to NFL OC, to ??? at Michigan? Anyway you look at it, Fisch took a hit this time.

Advertisement
LOL

So, Muschamp had Auburn make him the highest paid assistant in college football, even though he's still getting HUGE money from Florida on his multi-year contract ... But Jedd Fisch, with only 1 year remaining on his Jacksonville contract, decided to do a favor for Michigan?

Does that really make sense to some of y'all?

If dude could have gotten a better job, he wouldn't be at Michigan for $200K, IMO.

200K was the lowest contract that would pass muster. Has one more year from Jags at like 800K.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back