"The Manny Diaz Era; Another Colossal Failure For Miami"

ItsAUThing.com

Following 'The U' since '82—covering it since '96.
For those interested—long read on 20 years of failed coaching hires at the University of Miami—presidents, athletic directors and board of trustees members all culpable as the Hurricanes have faded into mediocrity and oblivion.

https://itsauthing.com/miami-hurric...manny-diaz-michigan-state-spartans-abc-sports

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 8.49.01 AM.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
Was OP a writer for allcanes at one point? If so, I remember reading the work back in the day. Well written and usually shared points of view. Sucks that we are still talking about the same issues all these years later.

Advertisement
For those interested—long read on 20 years of failed coaching hires at the University of Miami—presidents, athletic directors and board of trustees members all culpable as the Hurricanes have faded into mediocrity and oblivion.

https://itsauthing.com/miami-hurric...manny-diaz-michigan-state-spartans-abc-sports

View attachment 155608
Excellent article. Miami has to want to commit to winning again before it happens. Sad state of times for UM. Hope they fix their ways sooner than later.

Was OP a writer for allcanes at one point? If so, I remember reading the work back in the day. Well written and usually shared points of view. Sucks that we are still talking about the same issues all these years later.

Good memory.

I launched allCanesBlog back around 2003 and turned it until ItsAUThing when the business was sold to UM in 2016.

Got my start writing for Bryan Knoll (Grassy.com) in late 90's and stuck around when he became CanesTime—online and in print.

Hired by Bleacher/Report to cover the Canes in 2013 and 2014, but didn't like the whole click-bait process over there, so went back to freelancing.

Spent the past seven years helping Bill Murray grow his golf apparel brand (William Murray) but stepped down end of August for a few new opportunities.

Have some free time to write this fall—and was hoping to pen some great pieces about year three of the Diaz era and the Canes taking a step forward.

Instead, it's all in on calling out this fraud and broken system—wanting to see a mid-season firing to stop the bleeding—with a sense of urgency to get the next hire right, lest "The U" be dead and buried.

Advertisement
Good memory.

I launched allCanesBlog back around 2003 and turned it until ItsAUThing when the business was sold to UM in 2016.

Got my start writing for Bryan Knoll (Grassy.com) in late 90's and stuck around when he became CanesTime—online and in print.

Hired by Bleacher/Report to cover the Canes in 2013 and 2014, but didn't like the whole click-bait process over there, so went back to freelancing.

Spent the past seven years helping Bill Murray grow his golf apparel brand (William Murray) but stepped down end of August for a few new opportunities.

Have some free time to write this fall—and was hoping to pen some great pieces about year three of the Diaz era and the Canes taking a step forward.

Instead, it's all in on calling out this fraud and broken system—wanting to see a mid-season firing to stop the bleeding—with a sense of urgency to get the next hire right, lest "The U" be dead and buried.
Exceedingly cool, man, especially the Bill Murray stuff. That dude’s a legend.

I, too, was hopeful of a great season. Now I feel duped by yet more smoke and mirrors. At this point I feel like the guy who thinks he’ll the right card on three card monty “next time” only to be amazed that he’s wrong again.

Keep up the good work and look forward to reading your upcoming stuff.

Advertisement
I have repeated this ad nauseum.

No matter what coach we hire, what AD we hire, no matter who the Pres and BOT are, NOTHING WILL MAKE MIAMI RETURN TO ITS GLORY YEARS until the entire college football landscape changes as a whole.

That means Miami will have to pony up the cash to implement the system you need in this day and age. And Miami needs to be allowed to join the exclusive club that is protected by the NCAA/ESPN cartel and be allowed to actually USE that money.

Until these two things happen, get ready for another 20 years of moving around the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Fly banners at NCAA headquarters, flying banners at Hecht is completely and utterly useless.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back