The last 18 years (except 2016)

lurk

Recruit
in the last 18 seasons, other than 2016 with Kaaya and Richt in year one, the common denominator has had us:

1. leaving the season (logically) mad at the years’ results and incompetence.
2. Sure the coach was the worst, most clueless coach in college football.
3. Demanding immediate changes to some or all coaches and or administrators.
4. The angry/disappointed fans (such as me) and sophisticated trolls, laughed at the idiot-posters arguing patience and support. And laughing at recruits considering joining the team with such bottom of the barrel coaches.
5. Ultimately those of us in #4 have succeeding in getting our wish and been excited we got rid of the cancer so we could return to our god given right to be in the top 5, at worst, each year.

I’m searching for what us in #4 have actually accomplished by virtue of our foresight and angry voices in the 17 of 18 years?

Advertisement
in the last 18 seasons, other than 2016 with Kaaya and Richt in year one, the common denominator has had us:

1. leaving the season (logically) mad at the years’ results and incompetence.
2. Sure the coach was the worst, most clueless coach in college football.
3. Demanding immediate changes to some or all coaches and or administrators.
4. The angry/disappointed fans (such as me) and sophisticated trolls, laughed at the idiot-posters arguing patience and support. And laughing at recruits considering joining the team with such bottom of the barrel coaches.
5. Ultimately those of us in #4 have succeeding in getting our wish and been excited we got rid of the cancer so we could return to our god given right to be in the top 5, at worst, each year.

I’m searching for what us in #4 have actually accomplished by virtue of our foresight and angry voices in the 17 of 18 years?
You’re overthinking this. Fans are the tail. The Admin is the dog.

-
No slight intended to anyone else, but you're not "overthinking" things (other than conflating it with doubt, it's kind of a self deprecating thing to say lol...). It's one of many sobering questions that helps by merely asking it. Do we in part, influence the outcome we want to avoid (in part, obviously not the whole thing, in the sense that the very fan reactions are the effect of things that were already heading south (it preceded the *itching that exacerbates the same thing (underlying result) that we complain of... It's worth asking; and it's certainly worth thinking about...

4C1A4797-A3A4-4C67-8A22-14D3A7B72EA6.jpeg

-
No slight intended to anyone else, but you're not "overthinking" things (other than conflating it with doubt, it's kind of a self deprecating thing to say lol...). It's one of many sobering questions that helps by merely asking it. Do we in part, influence the outcome we want to avoid (in part, obviously not the whole thing, in the sense that the very fan reactions are the effect of things that were already heading south (it preceded the *itching that exacerbates the same thing (underlying result) that we complain of... It's worth asking; and it's certainly worth thinking about...

Thank you, but it is a sad result of internal reflection that I came to the scary thought that my vocal nastiness and anger at many points over the last 18 years has not led to a solution that has brought us back to glory.

I'd love to point to how my voice helped led to changes that turned things around for the positive these 18 years...but reality is, I can't point to any success I've helped bring.

Maybe you have a good point for me to ponder further. Thanks.

Advertisement
You’re overthinking this. Fans are the tail. The Admin is the dog.

I have come up with my own answer.

Not a single one of my (logical) complaints over the past 18 years have helped better the program in any way, shape or form... BUT it feels good to vent.

Advertisement
Back