New Week 2: The Empirical MuppetSlayer/NJShoreCane Donation Showdown

Empirical Cane

We are what we repeatedly do.
All right, everyone, it’s time to gear up for UNC.

We’ve had a week of non-stop bytching and moaning, which I understand based on our performance, but it’s now time to pull up our diapers and stop behaving like a bunch of beta fvcks.

Enough of the, “we’re going to get blown out,” or “we don’t stand a chance” nonsense. Contrary to what many of you think, we can beat UNC. It’s going to require a mix of schematic/personnel adjustments, and that our team shows up with some energy. It’s all possible, and anyone local needs to get their *** to the stadium to support our boys.

I don’t know about all of you, but I’m sick and tired of UNC having our number. 3 straight ******* years of heartbreak — it ends this Saturday.

The past is the past and it cannot be changed. Put the MTSU game in the rear view and let’s get pumped for this game. Both the players and the fans have countless reasons to be motivated. We can change our season’s trajectory this Saturday, but the team needs us. Put the negativity aside until you have a reason to dish it out again.

All of our conference goals are still achievable and I want to beat this team so ******* bad, and I know you all are with me.

Go Canes!
Barring some miraculous turn around, Miami isn't beating UNC or any other ACC team on 22 schedule.

Advertisement
Don’t give up yet, friend. We’ll see what happens Saturday.
Ive not given up, I'm a data driven cat.

Play UNC 10 times and Tar Heels boot stomp our Canes at least 8.

Maybe Miami gets lucky and UNC eats bad ramen noodles on Friday night and they are all violently ill at game time. I suppose that would give our squad a chance.

Ive not given up, I'm a data driven cat.

Play UNC 10 times and Tar Heels boot stomp our Canes at least 8.

Maybe Miami gets lucky and UNC eats bad ramen noodles on Friday night and they are all violently ill at game time. I suppose that would give our squad a chance.
Absolutes with data on 3 games?
Ok then.

Where did you have GT and Nebraska this weekend?

You went from “miraculous turnaround” to a 1 in 5 chance vs UNC. A bit of a waver.
No one knows how the game this weekend will work out.
What I do know is that we will not lose all of our ACC games this year, and I’m willing to bet on it.

If we lose them all, I have to shut the **** up for a week.
If the Canes win vs an ACC opponent, you have to shut the **** up for a week- as impossible as that may be.
Bet?

Absolutes with data on 3 games?
Ok then.

Where did you have GT and Nebraska this weekend?

You went from “miraculous turnaround” to a 1 in 5 chance vs UNC. A bit of a waver.
What I do know is that we will not lose all of our ACC games this year, and I’m willing to bet on it.

If the Canes win vs an ACC opponent, you have to shut the **** up for a week- as impossible as that may be.
Bet?
Its much more than 3 games.

I was wrong with my optimism about Miami's OL play at AtM. It appears to be an abberation. I suspect what we saw at MTSU is much closer to their norm, and yet again, a corner has not been turned.

It happens.

What is your bet again? It is a possibility, and I've been very consistent, that Miami doesn't get a single W against ACC opponents, although I did say presently, Miami will be underdogs in every contest (yes including VT) except maybe Duke.

So, if I understand correctly, they lose out ACC, no porsts for you 1 week. They win even a single ACC tilt, no porsts for me 1 week.

That is a touch tilted towards your favor, but ok.

Let's do this...

UNC wins, and of course I add you to my sizeable tombstone collection of those who thought they get it right over the Empirical One. At least you might have the courage to try instead of slink away. Kinda of a yawn for me because its expected and I've got so many this would be a throw away. Going through 16 games now, I'm what a documented 75%.

$100 to Wounded Warrior Project.

UM wins and you get the rush of feeling the single greatest achievement of your life. For one fleeting moment, you got it right and the Empirical One got it wrong. And I'm sure you'll rub it in (as you should, I would expect nothing less) at every opportunity.

$100 to your favorite charity, even a muppet one Im sure you are fond of.

Deal?

Advertisement
Its much more than 3 games.

I was wrong with my optimism about Miami's OL play at AtM. It appears to be an abberation. I suspect what we saw at MTSU is much closer to their norm, and yet again, a corner has not been turned.

It happens.

What is your bet again? It is a possibility, and I've been very consistent, that Miami doesn't get a single W against ACC opponents, although I did say presently, Miami will be underdogs in every contest (yes including VT) except maybe Duke.

So, if I understand correctly, they lose out ACC, no porsts for you 1 week. They win even a single ACC tilt, no porsts for me 1 week.

Let's do this...

UNC wins, and of course I add you to my sizeable tombstone collection of those who thought they get it right over the Empirical One. At least you might have the courage to try instead of slink away. Kinda of a yawn for me because its expected and I've got so many this would be a throw away. Going through 16 games now, I'm what a documented 75%.

UM wins and you get the rush of feeling the single greatest achievement of your life. For one fleeting moment, you got it right and the Empirical One got it wrong. And I'm sure you'll rub it in (as you should, I would expect nothing less) at every opportunity.

Deal?
We will be favored in duke and Georgia tech game. No others. I expect it to swing unc’s favor this week too

-But you seemed so sure of this.
That Miami, will do what only the '13 UVA team (other than Duke) accomplished since division play started in '05'.

Let's do this...

I wouldn't rub it in, not my style. Maybe a half smile and a half head shake which , of course, you wont be able to see.

About the bet....You went from a "miraculous turnaround", to 4-1 odds, to 1-1 in just a few hours.
C'mon man!

Here's an offer you can't refuse, just because I can appreciate the ball-buster that you are:
1. Forget the defeated ACC bet. Not happening anyway.
I'm sure there's 1 or 2 guys out there that would actually miss you.
2. I will donate $100 to the Wounded Warrior Project, tomorrow. End of story.
I'll post receipt right here.

Cheers.
First of all muppet...

Don't twist my words.

What I have consistently stated is based on the body of work through MTSU, it is realistic scenario that Miami will go winless in ACC play.

Now, betting on that is a different matter. In the world of probabilities we'd like more than realistic chance over that period of time with that many events. Ot os also realistic a bounce goes there way and they are gifted a W. Please keep quoting my posts though, I love it when people like you prove my point.

If you are so confident I'm wrong, why do you now go so limp and impotent on what you blustered about that I would be so clearly be wrong?

What I offered is 100% taking you up (in an initial part) on your huff and puff.

So let's do it!!!

Unless of course, your clear concern over your performance anxiety is just too much for uou to bear. We get it.

Also, since you have shrunk away from the challenge must still offered, voluntarily I might add....

You would now are expected to be a porster of your word...

Thank you

Last edited:
Now you get into silly name calling, smh.
I was cutting you a break on the ACC bet, which you will lose.
Regarding the game bet, I never put that on the table in the first place.

The heart attack you're giving yourself is affecting your reading:

Bet?

That's OK though.
The ACC bet is back on and I'll do your bet anyway.
Let's go by the book.
I do get the 7 1/2, or is that another hedge on "miraculous turnaround" and your 4 to 1 chances?
How many more times are you moving the goal posts? Cutting me a break by back tracking on your boast! 🤣🤣🤣

You never once mentioned spreads (I know I most certainly did not).

Goodness see the slinky bounce down the stairs.

You ran your mouth and didnt think before you ink...

what's curious is ypu claim to have porsted "no one knows how this weekend will turn out..." au contraire mon frier....you do...you huffed and puffed with a straight up 1-week forced retirement WWE cage match over ACC wins...and you were sure that Ive said Miami will lose them all....so....what is Capt Crunch....if you dont know the outcome of Saturday, why would you offer, under ever changing conditions, the ACC bet not once, but twice now??

Didnt think that onw through did ya?

I think this is a perfect case for CIS Court with judge @RVACane presiding.

What you gonna do next, back out of the stated donation? This is turning into ***** gauntlet in a hurry for you.

PD...Wounded Warrior Project donation link runs 24/7 no need to wait until tonorrow what can be done today nephew. We all look forward to that receipt.

Last edited:
You're a funny guy.
For those of you following along, is this guy whacked, or what?

You said we wouldn't win another ACC game.
I took you to task on that ridiculous statement and presented a bet
I tried to let you off the hook on the ACC bet, that you will lose. Why can't you understand this??
Since you're not playing nice nice, the bet as I said, Is still on.

All clear so far?

What does the outcome of Saturday have to do with Miami not winning another ACC game?
No correlation.
The UNC bet came out of left field.

I never mentioned point spread because you presented that bet on your terms.
You presented it at even odds AFTER you claimed they only had a 1 in 5 chance of winning, or only in a "miraculous turnaround".
Has your supreme confidence in UNC's victorious Saturday waned so much it's got you whining about giving the 7?
No worries. You got all squirrely on the point spread so we'll go straight up...you know, since I'm a nice guy.

So, no need to dribble on your keyboard again.
Here it is:

Bets:
-ACC bet
Miami loses every ACC game: NJshoreCane-1 week stfu.
Miami wins an ACC game: Empirical Cane -1 week stfu.
-UNC/Miami Bet
Miami Win- Donation to the National Kidney Foundation by Empirical Cane
UNC Win- Donation of an additional $100 to the Wounded Warrior Project

No slinky whatever, wish wash something or other.
No real changes from the original proposal,
except that I will make another donation if Miami losses.

The first donation will be made when I said, for reasons I don't need to share.
I presented that on my own because I wanted to. Certainly not a concession. I don't owe you a thing.
I don't mess around with things like this. So in your next post, no need to be "entertaining" regarding WWP, please.
Ok Muppet. You are demonstrably lying.

What other changes are you now going to back track on and claim, despite the written record, that you've never made them??

And hey, if you wanna welch after running your mouth...it is you who has to live with that...

not a great look and if you don't follow through...i suspect you'll be reminded a time or two or hundred sparky.

So what is your latest set of parameters you've made up in last 10 seconds? Its hard ro keep track of all your "i said this, no I really didnt".

Maybe we need a spreadsheet...

Advertisement
Please tell me what I back tracked on.
For starters?

- Your no spread to imaginary spread to back to we aren't real sure what you spread for there Sally
- the i dont know if they win but you arent confident enough to go forward with putting anything it would seem but i really didnt say that but there yes i really did not really

this is exhausting keeping track of you goinf round and rpund trying to squirm out of this...

I'm not letting you though...

Are you coherent?
I apologize if you are not.

"Your no spread to imaginary spread to back to we aren't real sure what you spread for there Sally"

YOU had the game at no spread. YOU presented that bet.- post #106
I wanted points.- post #113
You cried.- post #114
I said OK, you ----, no points. Straight up bet- post #124

- the i dont know if they win but you arent confident enough to go forward with putting anything it would seem but i really didnt say that but there yes i really did not really

If that scatch is what I think it is, was a reply on your post #44
"Barring some miraculous turn around, Miami isn't beating UNC or any other ACC team on 22 schedule."

My post #91

No lies,
No ambiguity.
I even accepted a slanted bet that was thrown in there that was never a part of my first post (#91).
I rest my case.
@RVACane
You are special, we'll give you that.

Post in thread 'New Week' https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/new-week.180468/post-6141333
👇
"...2. Forget the game bet (Miami is getting 7 1/2). Although the game bet was never on the table in the first place, I will donate $100 to the Wounded Warrior Project, tomorrow. End of story.
I'll post receipt right here..."

Pay up.

Last edited:
Are you coherent?
I apologize if you are not.

"Your no spread to imaginary spread to back to we aren't real sure what you spread for there Sally"

YOU had the game at no spread. YOU presented that bet.- post #106
I wanted points.- post #113
You cried.- post #114
I said OK, no points. Straight up bet- post #124

If that scatch is what I think it is, was a reply on your post #44
"Barring some miraculous turn around, Miami isn't beating UNC or any other ACC team on 22 schedule."

My post #91

No lies,
No ambiguity.
I even accepted a slanted bet that was thrown in there that was never a part of my first post (#91).
I rest my case.
@RVACane
@Empirical Cane I’m not sure what you think I should be doing here??? I really shouldn’t be involved at all.

You all went back and forth on some bet possibilities. If there’s a bet on silence for a week, I can help enforce it if necessary. I assume that’s one of the bets?

If UNC wins, he donates $100 to Wounded Warriors and if UM wins, you donate the same to the kidney foundation. Is that another bet?

Advertisement
Thanks.
I know it will be difficult, but remember to stfu for one week after Miami wins its first ACC game, got it?
See bet wrap-up post # 124 in case you forgot.
And thanks also for the reminder to give to one of my favorite charities. I was due.
Only in your mind was that agreed to. What line are you making up again? I mean -7.5, well goodness why stop there, why not -100? I mean since you and your imaginary friend are setting it.

Again, the only one who needs reminding is your obligation to pay $100. Let it be a lesson next time before your mouth runeth over.

You are special, we'll give you that.

Post in thread 'New Week' https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/new-week.180468/post-6141333
👇
"...2. Forget the game bet (Miami is getting 7 1/2). Although the game bet was never on the table in the first place, I will donate $100 to the Wounded Warrior Project, tomorrow. End of story.
I'll post receipt right here..."

Pay up.
See bottom of post #124.

I presented that on my own because I wanted to. Certainly not a concession. I don't owe you a thing.
I don't mess around with things like this. So in your next post, no need to be "entertaining" regarding WWP, please.

I put that as nicely as I can- don't be an ***.

@Empirical Cane I’m not sure what you think I should be doing here??? I really shouldn’t be involved at all.

You all went back and forth on some bet possibilities. If there’s a bet on silence for a week, I can help enforce it if necessary. I assume that’s one of the bets?

If UNC wins, he donates $100 to Wounded Warriors and if UM wins, you donate the same to the kidney foundation. Is that another bet?
You looked at it for 30 secs and were able to grasp the gist, can't say same for the other party.
😬

For clarity, the ACC and WWE 1-week retirement bet (that he keeps changing) was never agreed to in the first place.

To be fair, he did Super Size chicken out the subset bet of his original slanted proposal.

And with no doubt, he committed to $100 donation.

Advertisement
See bottom of post #124.

I put that as nicely as I can- don't be an ***.
Couldn't care less for your "reasons"

You committed so either pay up or wear your yellow stripe top to bottom.

And you this...

We'll miss you :ROFLMAO:
That isn't agreement tool, that's you being mocked.

Are you insane? That is rhetorical of course.

You:
"So, if I understand correctly, they lose out ACC, no porsts for you 1 week. They win even a single ACC tilt, no porsts for me 1 week.
That is a touch tilted towards your favor, but ok."

For the 1000th time man, UNC/Miami straight up.
Try to keep up!
See you can be shamed...excellent.

UNC/Miami agreed.

Keep dreaming of you being mocked on the ACC schedule.

You:
"So, if I understand correctly, they lose out ACC, no porsts for you 1 week. They win even a single ACC tilt, no porsts for me 1 week.
That is a touch tilted towards your favor, but ok."

For the 1000th time man, UNC/Miami straight up.
Try to keep up!
OMG are you special...not only changing goal posts, but caught lying...

not a good look for you at all sparky...

Post in thread 'New Week' https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/new-week.180468/post-6141205

"...That is a touch tilted towards your favor, but ok.

Let's do this...
UNC wins, and of course I add you..."

Keep digging...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back