The Doomers and The Transitive Property

407cane

All-ACC
It's funny how the doom and gloom porsters on here every year will use the transitive property to tell us why we suck and everyone needs to get fired.

'Wake beat UVA by more than we did so now we're screwed'

'NC state scored more points on UVA so we're screwed'

'VT(who lost to wake and scored only 16 yesterday) beat NC state by 21 so we don't stand a chance'

Everyone is shaking from UNC, do you guys remember them losing to FSU in primetime last week when beat FSU by 6 td's? I mean after all that's the transitive property so we should beat UNC by 60, oh and they beat NC state so we'll beat them by 70, oh and NC state beat wake so we'll beat wake by 80, oh and wake beat VT so we'll beat them by 90

Transitive property has never been relevant in college football and that doesn't start this year. If you want to complain, hate the program, and not enjoy the fact that we're 5-1 (when we weren't even supposed to play clemson this year and we would actually be undefeated) after a 6-7 year then that's fine.

However for the rest of us, when you're complaining and letting us know why we suck and why we're going to lose the rest of our games on our schedule, please scrape together some intelligence and do it with valid points

Advertisement
For some people it's really hard to grasp the idea that each game is unique and that each team's motivation and focus can vary wildly from week to week. Clemson does this every year even though Dabo is supposed be one of the game's best motivators.

Football is football. It's called competition. Some games are harder than others. The key is to get the W. Enough said....

Advertisement
Meanwhile the sunshine crowd is crowing about we held UVA to fewer points than Clemson did.
I think you confuse "sunshine" with reality. Some people understand reality some people do not

not crowning diaz or baker, and it was an ugly game, but I decide not to set unrealistic expectations and hate my favorite team all year long.

if we lose to someone we should beat, that's when reality is set in and not just whining

I think you confuse "sunshine" with reality. Some people understand reality some people do not

not crowning diaz or baker, and it was an ugly game, but I decide not to set unrealistic expectations and hate my favorite team all year long.

if we lose to someone we should beat, that's when reality is set in and not just whining
Look Discover GIF by George Ezra

This....

Advertisement
Back