The Definition of Insanity

Gransapo

Sophomore
Premium
@ChristyChirinos: Golden says defense making progress w/scheme, and they're not giving up on it. Says team needs to tackle better, get off field on 3rd down.

@mattyports: Golden: "we're not giving up on the scheme. We've made a lot of progress with it." Asked a ? "How much longer can you play this scheme"

FML.

image.jpg

Advertisement
That statement just shows how clueless Golden is. The AD needs to fire D'Onofrio and the DB coach. If Golden gets upset, then he can leave also.

What phuckin progress is he referring to???? 4 guys at the the line when everyone knew they would run the phukin ball. 7 yard avg on first down. WTF man.

Advertisement
Someone said in another thread that Golden's biggest problem is his stubbornness and that he think's he is the smartest guy in the room. Despite all the evidence to the contrary of any and every FBS school shredding this defense he refuses to make any adjustments or changes. How you don't adapt to a team that ran the ball 80% of it's plays is absolutely mind boggling. Back in the day we would have destroyed a one dimensional offense like this. We just knew that a Nebraska or Oklahoma team had no chance against our aggressive speed. You can't keep having top 15 recruiting classes (despite the "cloud") and having an historically bad defense without it being on the coaching staff.

Advertisement
And with that, I just dont give a **** anymore. Fly the banner, email the AD, or whatever it takes for Al to be gone.

We were embarrassed this morning, embarrassed by the commentators, and embarrassed the outcome of the game.

He just isn't a good fit for this program From his schemes, to his philosophies, to his personality.

We made no adjustments to the run all ******* game. We played patty cake with blockers all ******* night.

Then what really ****es me off is this ***** refuses to change anything. After four ******* years of ****** defense, it's the scheme not the players. Go play this slow *** reactive defense in Iowa. I get goosebumps watching FSU defense because I know we could be just as good. But instead, we would rather have our athletes grab cloth and read.

I will root for my CANES every week, but Golden needs to be gone by '15.

Advertisement
I'll say it and I'll say it again! This administration is doing an absolute injustice by allowing this guy to make a mockery of a program with the ability to easily be great again! If there isn't an upheaval from the bowels of UM administration, students, fans, alumni and former players, then ***** it! If losing every game here on, its a real possibility anyway, is what it takes to rid ourselves of these idiots then I'm for it. They gotta go by Monday!!

I'm really trying not to be reactive about the whole thing, but he has some balls to say that. It was probably the worst performance I've seen a major CFB team have vs the run in some time. There is no progress there.

Advertisement
I woke up with this incompetent, stubborn, coarch on my mind. I still cant believe he said this as if nothing will get changed.

Idc if we run an attacking style d. When you give up that many yards to one player on the ground, something needs to be changed. It's time for Golden to look in the mirror and reevaluate this program.

Golden is skating on thin ice as far as losing this team, if he already hasn't. After a game like this when players play their heart out, the last thing you want to hear your coach say is "we are not changing, we need to tackle better, get off the field, blah blah blah". Basically putting it all on the players. Hey dumbass, even if you don't believe this, how about sticking up for your players and taking some of the blame publicly. No quicker way to lose a team then to not stick up for them outside of the locker room. This goes from the little league level, all the way to the NFL.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back