The Day After

919Cane2DaGrave

Band
Banned
After a long and restless night of sleep, I've come to terms with the loss.

A few things. First, these last two losses are games we should have won. Whatever that means to you is just that. What it means to me, after thinking about it, is we're on the right path. As a fan I'm a little extra upset because we should have won both games. Mistakes were made and we didn't. But stepping back and looking at the team and how they've been performing and comparing it to the last few years, it's markedly different.

Kaaya is average and the oline is below average. Just facts. His record and play speak for itself and this oline isn't made up of many NFL guys. Richt's play calling has been below average the last two weeks. Even against GT is wasn't really good, but these last two weeks we've been put in a position to be less effective. It hasn't helped that the players are executing at a low level offensively, it's only making matters worse.

The defense is a breath of fresh air. Aggressive and efficient. Been very bend but don't break these last two games, but been playing very well. Diaz is earning his check so far this year. I look forward to them continuing this the rest of the year if healthy.

What does the future hold? Will Richt put it together? Adjust the offense? Not adjust it? Will Diaz have a bad game and cost us? We'll see. I'll be supporting and not because I have nothing better to do. I actually think we're heading in the right direction. Richt is really placing an emphasis on SoFla recruiting, he's making the Miami name important again in the community. This will turn around. Not that we're not talented now, we are. We should win the Coastal and probably won't. But we don't have the right kind of talent. The kids in our secondary will not have careers in football (save Corn and Jaquan). Our Oline is the same. And our "leader" Brad Kaaya doesn't have "it". Bottom line is he (Richt) does need time. He doesn't need 2 more years and we go 6-6 or 7-5 and third year we go 9-3 and call that success. No we're looking 9-3 or 8-4 in the face this year and next year. Come to terms with who he is. He's not Saban or Meyer or Harbaugh or Herman. But he can get us to where we want to be. I'm ****ed but I can't shake the feeling that we're going in the right direction. Idk. Maybe I'm still drunk. Go Canes

Advertisement
I like your enthusiasm 919 but I'm already seeing signs of things that got the last 3 idiots thrown out of town.

The offense is criminally stupid at times and that's not all on the players.

Mark Richt seems to be a great man and he's family but he needs to figure this offense stuff out in a hurry. There's no way he should be slowing the game down with an offensive line as bad as this one. If anything, he should be speeding it up and getting the ball out of Kaaya's hands even faster.

Absolutely loving what Manny is doing on defense. Just wait until he builds some depth....definitely exciting stuff.

Advertisement
Back