The age of the slow pocket passer qb is over.

i don't think you need a lamar or deshaun at qb to be successful in college yet. but you do need a qb that can at least use his feet to extend a play, or take off and turn a 7 yard loss into at least a 2-3 yard gain to make for a manageable 3rd. kayaa isn't the qb we thought and blaming only the oline and scheme is a bit lazy. he hasn't looked good all season and that includes games against the 3 cupcakes we opened with.

Look at three future hall of famers from recent years in the NFL. Brees, Brady, Manning. Brees isn't a running qb but he does buy time with his feet. Brady rarely moves outside the pocket, but knows exactly how long he has to throw the ball and the ball is out of his hands before pressure gets there (ditto for Manning in past tense). The era is not over. Qbs who run outside the pocket get lit up and knocked out of games. In college, a stud qb might be bigger and faster than the defenders so it's easier for a running qb to single handedly take over a game. In the NFL, running qbs will get hit by 308 lb linemen who can run a 4.6 40. Given the choice between a brady or a Newton for a college team, I take Newton. For an NFL team, the pocket passer will always be preferred because chances of him making it all the way through the season without injury is significantly higher. Doesn't do much good to have a 100 million dollar qb out for the season with a broken leg or concussion.

We talking bout college bruh, all that other stuff irrevelant right now

Advertisement
Yall bringing up how he translated to the league we talking about the college level man look around its mobile quarterbacks everywhere, defenses way to fast to have a shook statue back there

Thinking the same thing today watching Lamar Jackson (recruited by Lamar Thomas) while working out. It's time to start running what is most prevalent in the HS' in the Miami recruiting area, not the reverse, i.e. trying to recruit the one guy who "fits" Miami's system or go out to Cali or New Jersey (looking at you Don Bosco Prep) to find some QB Guru product who has the "Thousand Yard Stare" when facing quality D1 opponents...The []_[] are missing out on a LOT of talent by being stubborn.

For every 1 Lamar Jackson, there's 5 BJ Daniels, probably worse odds than that as Lamar is a spectacular athlete. BJ Daniels sucked. His athleticism did win some, but his inability to pass lost more. Lamar is going to have a very short career as well. He's a run first qb and will never really learn how to read defenses. Couple that with all the hits he's going to take and he'll flame out fast.

Err, YOU do realize Thousand Yard Stare, no footwork, no pocket presence, no running ability, no leadership qualities, all I need to do is some NFL quality throws my QB guru tells me to showcase in games, Kaaya has already flamed out, right?

Advertisement
Michigan's QB is just as immobile as Brad except his OL keeps him upright, gives him time to throw, his WRs catch the ball, and his coach calls a good game.

It can be done

Basically, if everyone just does their job, it works! Simple concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, what you want to do is make it as challenging as possible so everyone has to execute at all pro level to have a successful play. That's what we should strive for. Those that seek efficiency and margin for error are taking the easy way out.

Kaaya looks like I forget his name,but he wore number #3 top rated qb coming out of high school. Kid looked like the real deal size ,strong arm. I like Kaaya but he has regressed looks like a deer in headlights like that # 3 we had. Play-calling is terrible and the dropped balls are really bad.My quarterback is getting pressure a lot ,yes o-line sux,but he holds on to ball way to long sometimes waiting to get hit. Who is the quarterback coach,Kaaya is a 3 year starter that is not Nfl ready.People talk about Richt wanting a dual threat qb,he only had one Uga Shockey,David Green was alright but not dual style (imho). Richt is a great recruiter,but his play-calling looks inept.

Kyle Wright.

Alabama just won a title with Jacob Coker but hey keep convincing yourselves that we just need a mobile QB then everything will be a-ok

Advertisement
The QB doesn't have to run for 1000 yards, just buy some time moving around. Step up, back, roll out.. and the WR need to help out,
Richt could change the play calling to help him and our OLs inability to block anyone

Advertisement
Back