The Administration Made The Decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaneOMight

Recruit
“It was made by our administration,” Richt said. “We had the university legal counsel, we had the advisor and the athletic association made the final call.”

Well, the administration has some people who don't care much for the athletic program as seen in other cases and it's fairly well known the new President Dr. Frenk is not a sports fan. Perhaps the players got what they deserved they certainly didn't use good common sense and apparently weren't forthcoming but the penalty seems to be unrealistically harsh. I don't think Donna Shalala would have allowed these kids to be thrown under the bus particularly when they were so close to graduating and they did have NFL careers as real possibilities and those are now in jeopardy.

Advertisement
“It was made by our administration,” Richt said. “We had the university legal counsel, we had the advisor and the athletic association made the final call.”

Well, the administration has some people who don't care much for the athletic program as seen in other cases and it's fairly well known the new President Dr. Frenk is not a sports fan. Perhaps the players got what they deserved they certainly didn't use good common sense and apparently weren't forthcoming but the penalty seems to be unrealistically harsh. I don't think Donna Shalala would have allowed these kids to be thrown under the bus particularly when they were so close to graduating and they did have NFL careers as real possibilities and those are now in jeopardy.

So you're saying that Shalala supported the football team more than Frenk does? :monkey-serious:

Why isn't there a rule that you have to comment a certain number of times before you can make a post? seriously, what's the point in letting these trolls post this crap?

They can still graduate.

Yeah, the administration made a decision with an NCAA gun at its head. This isn't rocket science. The program is months from getting off probation, some knuckleheads are driving around town in fancy cars, the NCAA is ****ed it got embarrassed and couldn't fully make its case with Shapiro - so it's probably in Miami's best interest to cut ties with the young geniuses rather than inviting NCAA gumshoes back on campus to snoop around.

Advertisement

Yeah, the administration made a decision with an NCAA gun at its head. This isn't rocket science. The program is months from getting off probation, some knuckleheads are driving around town in fancy cars, the NCAA is ****ed it got embarrassed and couldn't fully make its case with Shapiro - so it's probably in Miami's best interest to cut ties with the young geniuses rather than inviting NCAA gumshoes back on campus to snoop around.

Exactly... I have no idea how this isnt obvious to any Miami fan. Its like we all live in this bubble of denial.

People are also acting like these kids didn't realize the risk. We know that is not the case.

Driving around in exotics when you have lived thru all of the NCAA shiat. You know your off the FN team if you get caught, and you're like "I dont care".

Its truly FN amazing how anyone would argue anything for these guys. The F'd over their teammates and the U. They are lucky the U was going to honor their scholarships. My advice would be to take them up on that, because I dont think leaving the U wipes em clean in the NCAA's eyes.

Why isn't there a rule that you have to comment a certain number of times before you can make a post? seriously, what's the point in letting these trolls post this crap?

I would upvote 10,000 X if possible.

No inside knowledge but common sense says this is closest to to truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back