That bowl game in Orlando at the Citrus Bowl

HarryCarayisGoat

Senior
Banned
**** I'd be happy going there since its a short drive and I had a helluva time last year for the tailgating and first 5 minutes of the game.

Does 8-4 get us there?

Advertisement
Doubt it.

#1 The Capital One Orange Bowl versus Southeastern Conference (SEC) #2, Big Ten #2, or Notre Dame....Duke

#2 The Russell Athletic Bowl versus Big 12 #2........GT
#3/4/5/6 The Music City Bowl versus SEC #3.......Lville
#3/4/5/6 The Belk Bowl versus SEC #7.......Clemson
#3/4/5/6 The Hyundai Sun Bowl versus Pac-12 #5.......Miami
#3/4/5/6 The New Era Pinstripe Bowl versus Big10 #7......VT
#7 The Military Bowl versus AAC....UNC
#8 The Duck Commander Independence Bowl versus SEC #9....BC
#9 The Quick Lane Bowl versus Big10 #8....NC State
#10 The St. Petersburg Bowl versus AAC.....?

I want Penn State in the Pedo Stripe Bowl so Al can go the wrong sideline by mistake and stay there.

Doubt it.

#1 The Capital One Orange Bowl versus Southeastern Conference (SEC) #2, Big Ten #2, or Notre Dame....Duke

#2 The Russell Athletic Bowl versus Big 12 #2........GT
#3/4/5/6 The Music City Bowl versus SEC #3.......Lville
#3/4/5/6 The Belk Bowl versus SEC #7.......Clemson
#3/4/5/6 The Hyundai Sun Bowl versus Pac-12 #5.......Miami
#3/4/5/6 The New Era Pinstripe Bowl versus Big10 #7......VT
#7 The Military Bowl versus AAC....UNC
#8 The Duck Commander Independence Bowl versus SEC #9....BC
#9 The Quick Lane Bowl versus Big10 #8....NC State
#10 The St. Petersburg Bowl versus AAC.....?

Nevermind I want no part of Michigan State

Sorry, but I'm not into the "Anyone, anywhere" stuff. I want a cream puff please.

Advertisement
**** I'd be happy going there since its a short drive and I had a helluva time last year for the tailgating and first 5 minutes of the game.

Does 8-4 get us there?

supposedly they revamped that dump. That was the ****tiest stadium to watch a bowl game I ever went to. They supposedly spent a ****load of money. The projects I last seen on ESPN was in El Paso in the Sun Bowl against USC.

HOw ironic would that be that Shannon last year they went to the Sun Bowl in the 4th year and we will go to the Sun Bowl in the 4th year of Al golden tenure. no progress what so ever lol 8 years of misery.

Does 8-4 get us there?

supposedly they revamped that dump. That was the ****tiest stadium to watch a bowl game I ever went to. They supposedly spent a ****load of money. The projects I last seen on ESPN was in El Paso in the Sun Bowl against USC.

You went to Russel Athletic Bowl last year? **** bro if they go again I'd like to meet you and have a drank this year.

Advertisement
HOw ironic would that be that Shannon last year they went to the Sun Bowl in the 4th year and we will go to the Sun Bowl in the 4th year of Al golden tenure. no progress what so ever lol 8 years of misery.

Awesome. U just can't just make this **** up! :upset:

What about the Gator Bowl against the Gators in Jacksonville? I know it's not for ACC teams but the head of that bowl said he wanted to see us and them. All I want is to beat the Gators to finish the year since we couldn't beat the Noles.

I'd love to go back to that bowl. My sister lives in Ocoee so it's free lodging and opportunity to spend some holiday time with her family.

Yeah, it's kind of a grungy stadium and not in the best area but after last year I know the specifics.

As far as I know the Orlando soccer team was promoted to the big leagues and they are going to spend the first year or two in that stadium, so I don't doubt it's being upgraded somewhat.

After looking at that bowl projection list, Georgia Tech will be in over its head if the Big 12 #2 is a competent team with a high preseason rating. The triple option allows a team to far exceed its rightful level. That's Georgia Tech right now. They were very fortunate last week with the injury to the Clemson quarterback. That game was headed to 10-0 Clemson early until he got hurt and missed the remainder of the game.

Georgia Tech likely won't win another game. I doubt they can handle Georgia's talent level even with Gurley's injury. Then they invariably draw a bowl game against better talent. To this day, the highest rated bowl wager I've ever seen in 30+ years doing this was LSU +4.5 against Georgia Tech several years ago in the Chick Fil A Bowl. LSU was preseason Top 10 and Georgia Tech was nowhere, something like 50th. Then irrelevant regular season results somehow shoved Georgia Tech to favorite. The same thing might happen again, although I doubt anything will ever match that game in terms of surreal advantage. I still shudder when thinking about it.

I will say that Justin Thomas has really advanced since we played them. They are now executing back shoulder throws all over the place. That's virtually unheard of for an option passing game. Also Paul Johnson is now experimenting with counter plays in the backfield, sort of a crude version of what Oklahoma used to do with wishbone halfbacks. Right now the angles and timing are so bad it's almost funny. But at least he's trying to expand that offense, after so many years of relying on lousy quarterbacks and abuse of the rocket toss.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back