Thank you Coach Scott

klineski96

[]_ _[]
Premium
Lost in all the coaching search talk and all of the 5 million threads about who we should hire to replace Golden, let's not forget or take for granted what Larry Scott and what he's done the last 5 games.

Is he even being considered for the head coaching job? Of course not and thankfully he isn't being considered. That's not the point of this post. But he's held this team together, lead us to a 4 - 1 record with wins over some teams we lost to last season, and by all accounts has really poured himself 100% into leading this program that we all love. He should be commended for what he's done for UM football 2015.

He beat a ranked team on the road, Duke, ....did Golden ever do that? Nope.
If Duke finishes ranked in the top 25, he'll have beaten a team that finished ranked, something Golden failed to do in the four final top 25 polls he was our coach.

Thank you Coach Larry Scott!
Go win your bowl game, go out on the shoulders of your team, go out a winner and most of all GO CANES!!!

Advertisement
Duke will not finish in the top-50.

But yes, thanks to Coach Scott. He did a fine job and helped the team stay afloat at the end. Maybe too good of a job, I doubt we can hold on to him in any way with whoever our new HC will be.

He was a good caretaker. He did his job. That is all.

Of course, compared to his predecessor, he's an Einstein.

How would you guys rate him as TE coach? Stan didn't become the monster we though he would be, but Herndon and Njoku have been awesome.

Advertisement
Scott the best coach on the staff. He finished 4-1 in the last 5 games something golden never did in his 4 previous seasons...

Yes, thank you Coach Scott. Any school considering Al for HC should just hire Scott first because he sure is a better frigging coach than Al.

Advertisement
Great post, OP.

Credit is most certainly due to coach Scott. He did something that coach golden was never able to do... Beat all of the teams he was supposed to beat. For that reason alone I consider the Larry Scott "era" to be a success.

As well, even though he is nowhere near the level of candidate for a job like UM's going forward, I think its awesome that coach Scott now his this interim head coaching success on his resume. He deserved it.

Nice guy! Good TE coach. Not ready for prime-time at the U.

The new coach should bring in a whole new staff. Cleanse Hecht from anything that has to do with Folden. We gotta change the culture real fast. That is number one in my book.

I like it. Thank you coach Scott. 4-1 is better than most expected. I hope the new coach keeps him as TE coach.

BBB & CD!

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back