Texas A&M Travel

Fluffhead

Recruit
Premium
Hopefully this is the right forum for it and another thread doesn’t exist. For the folks driving in from Houston, what part of the city are you staying in? Do any of the travel charters have specific hotels they are recommending or have blocks at?

On game day, where are you planning to park? Is that group that does travel game day BBQ/tailgating with the parking option doing that?

Advertisement
TrumpyCane is going to Missouri for the Kansas City game on the 15th, flying to Houston to watch the Astros game on the 16th, then getting to college station that night to hibernate and fill TrumpyCane’s stomach with honey, watch the Canes cuck Jimbo worse than Candi did, and then to Dallas the next morning to watch the Cowboys play

TrumpyCane hopes to see you all

Hopefully this is the right forum for it and another thread doesn’t exist. For the folks driving in from Houston, what part of the city are you staying in? Do any of the travel charters have specific hotels they are recommending or have blocks at?

On game day, where are you planning to park? Is that group that does travel game day BBQ/tailgating with the parking option doing that?
I believe Canes United is doing the tailgate.

Advertisement
Good thread.

Anyone here with any recommendations for Austin?

Flying in there Friday night instead of Houston and never been.

Let me know if this should be in another thread, but since my question is related to this game, I’ll put here for now:

What has been your experience in sitting away from the visitor allotted seats in visiting stadiums. Looks like I’ll just have to get whatever tickets I can for this game as I won’t be sure of availability until much closer to the game. I live in the Houston area so no better opportunity to see a game live, but wondering what your experiences have been as a visiting fan.

Let me know if this should be in another thread, but since my question is related to this game, I’ll put here for now:

What has been your experience in sitting away from the visitor allotted seats in visiting stadiums. Looks like I’ll just have to get whatever tickets I can for this game as I won’t be sure of availability until much closer to the game. I live in the Houston area so no better opportunity to see a game live, but wondering what your experiences have been as a visiting fan.
You can usually get better seats than through the Hurricanes Club. That said, there’s asses in every crowd but if you act and cheer appropriately, most people will be fine.

Any input on where to stay or eat in Houston? My parents are set on Galleria. Recommend? Caracol for dinner any good?

Advertisement

******** are everywhere but generally speaking don’t start no ****, ain’t be no ****.

Going to tell you now every hotel is booked. We had to stay in a place in Somerville 30 minutes away

You can usually get better seats than through the Hurricanes Club. That said, there’s asses in every crowd but if you act and cheer appropriately, most people will be fine.

Any input on where to stay or eat in Houston? My parents are set on Galleria. Recommend? Caracol for dinner any good?
Caracol I heard is good but can’t vouch for it myself. Galleria area is full of amazing restaurants so I would just have your taste guide you. If you have specific type of food in mind I can provide better guidance.

Caracol I heard is good but can’t vouch for it myself. Galleria area is full of amazing restaurants so I would just have your taste guide you. If you have specific type of food in mind I can provide better guidance.
More area… would you stay there, museum, some place else? Seems like being a little west is good for driving over on game day.

Advertisement

Agree on behavior, but if he's planning to buy tickets that are available as the game approaches, while they'll be costly they will be better seats. Away games, you usually get stuck in some upper corner, even going through the HC.

More area… would you stay there, museum, some place else? Seems like being a little west is good for driving over on game day.
Yes, area is good and offers best amount of variety in one location. Houston is spread to ****, so staying somewhere like the Galleria area helps minimize drive time since food/entertainment is all around there.

Yes, area is good and offers best amount of variety in one location. Houston is spread to ****, so staying somewhere like the Galleria area helps minimize drive time since food/entertainment is all around there.
I’m from Atlanta… I can empathize. Appreciate the advice.

Advertisement
TrumpyCane is going to Missouri for the Kansas City game on the 15th, flying to Houston to watch the Astros game on the 16th, then getting to college station that night to hibernate and fill TrumpyCane’s stomach with honey, watch the Canes cuck Jimbo worse than Candi did, and then to Dallas the next morning to watch the Cowboys play

TrumpyCane hopes to see you all
Good for you man. I don't think you have a fully enough schedule for those couple days 😊

Advertisement
Back