Terry McCray and Tyler Grimsley are they still alive?

Advertisement
McCray struggling in Coal Shoveling 101

I honestly think they did the McCray thing because they had lost
His high school top recruit consecutive years in a row

Starting with Patrick Peterson

Who have they had besides Peterson?

Rashard Robinson

IIRC he went to like 2-3 camps begging for an offer then LSU offered then Golden and Paul Williams got their heads out of their asses.

Advertisement

and I honestly think that maybe that isn't the worst idea in the world. Now granted, this team can't really afford to "waste" a scholarship but sometimes you gotta fix a relationship before you can get to the next level.

and I honestly think that maybe that isn't the worst idea in the world. Now granted, this team can't really afford to "waste" a scholarship but sometimes you gotta fix a relationship before you can get to the next level.

It's a great point if true and smart by staff. On the flip side, Ely could of just used the bad relationship as leverage to get a "non Miami caliber player" a way onto the Miami roster and the relationship is still rocky.

It's a great point if true and smart by staff. On the flip side, Ely could of just used the bad relationship as leverage to get a "non Miami caliber player" a way onto the Miami roster and the relationship is still rocky.

I believe that's what they did

Ely usually has maybe one decent or good athlete a year and for a while LSU did have the pipeline going but this McCray situation is a amystery

Advertisement
If they pursued McCray to try to improve our relationship with Ely for future recruiting classes, then why didn't they go after Quincy Wilson instead of Ryan Mayes of all people because...

- He was clearly a far superior player coming out of high school
- Had the size at corner that this staff strictly, stubbornly requires of seemingly any CB they covet
- Was a Miami legacy
- Has a younger brother (2017 high four-star recruit Marco Wilson) who everyone was already projecting as a future stud at the time of Quincy's recruitment

Hard to imagine this staff thinking that far ahead, especially since Golden has always complained about how much the scholarship numbers have adversely affected him (even though they haven't and it was just a ridiculous excuse). It was likely just another potentially missed eval by Golden and co.

Preach

I think the fans that are tired off our dumb *** fan base that knows nothing about football. Should devote s thread just for them. Y'all don't know **** about football. We have the dumbest fan base.

First we ***** about not red-shirting kids, now we're *****ing about red-shirting kids? Then we wonder why the media pegs this fan-base as bad.

Too funny.

Recruit
Terry McCray and Tyler Grimsley are they still alive?Join Date
Apr 2014

Ignore User

Preach

I think the fans that are tired off our dumb *** fan base that knows nothing about football. Should devote s thread just for them. Y'all don't know **** about football. We have the dumbest fan base.

First we ***** about not red-shirting kids, now we're *****ing about red-shirting kids? Then we wonder why the media pegs this fan-base as bad.

Too funny.

Recruit
Terry McCray and Tyler Grimsley are they still alive?Join Date
Apr 2014

Ignore User

Preach

Well,we've had the dumbest coaching staffs for years, so it was bound to trickle down.

Advertisement

Zero of what you said has anything to do whatsoever with why the media pegs miami fans as bad. It has everything to do with this in a metro with over 5 million people resulting in this:

imgres.jpg

and this:

imgres1.jpg

and this:

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back