Terrell Chatman Baton Rouge (La.) Offered

Pass on Peete, him and Gossier are pretty much the same player. I don't know why they offered Gossier if they knew Devante Peete was still a priority.

Advertisement
I like this kids athleticism at 6'3. Adjusts to the ball well and has wiggle. If the kid wants in he's a take in my opinion.

Think plan is.

Keep Gossier and Spence. Both will probably blow up after camps. Spence already been blowing up, getting some legit offers.

Land Peete.

Think Charles stays up north.

Chatman I don't see coming here.

Stay on Ridley, Cain, Phillips and Durante as the potential 4th and final receiver to the class.

Phillips would be coming here if Cook came here. All FSU. Don't care what anyone says.

Cain, think he's interested, but not that much interested. Think he sticks to Clemson.

Realm of possibility is Ridley or Durante. Durante I don't think so cause of his grades. Think wvu or prep for him.

Ridley pends on our season, we know he does like the U, but we have to beat bama for him and buddy Burgess-Becker. Trust me, those two are far from locks to any school at this moment. If the ball rolls right and our way with a good season, anything can happen. The season and signing day a long way to go. Early in process. Don't forget Artie burns was once commited to bama and Deon Bush was once very close to going to Bama. It's 'crootin. We win, everything will fall in place.

Last edited:
Yes he is visiting. But Gossier and Spence are committed. Plus, Devante Peete has UM in his top two. Irwin Charles is a serious option as well. The staff is still coming hard after Da'Vante Phillips. You've got to cut one or two out of the picture. The staff is definitely not going to sign 6 WR's in a year with less scholarships available.

I would take chatman over spence

No. Not even close. I'll take Charles over Chatman

Yes he is visiting. But Gossier and Spence are committed. Plus, Devante Peete has UM in his top two. Irwin Charles is a serious option as well. The staff is still coming hard after Da'Vante Phillips. You've got to cut one or two out of the picture. The staff is definitely not going to sign 6 WR's in a year with less scholarships available.

You think Spence is better than Chatman and that it's not close? Couldn't disagree more. Respectfully, of course.

Chatman is bigger, faster, a better leaper, looks comfortable attacking the ball at its highest point as a red zone weapon, and has a much higher ceiling with his physical tools and athletic ability, IMO. Spence has above average size, decent speed, and looks like a complimentary possession receiver. Nothing wrong with that and he's certainly a nice player, but I definitely prefer Chatman.

We'll agree to disagree.

Advertisement

You think Spence is better than Chatman and that it's not close? Couldn't disagree more. Respectfully, of course.

Chatman is bigger, faster, a better leaper, looks comfortable attacking the ball at its highest point as a red zone weapon, and has a much higher ceiling with his physical tools and athletic ability, IMO. Spence has above average size, decent speed, and looks like a complimentary possession receiver. Nothing wrong with that and he's certainly a nice player, but I definitely prefer Chatman.

We'll agree to disagree.

Just rewatched TC's.. Don't see anything special. Solid hands is about all he has going. We have plenty of guys his size( Brady, langham, Njoku, Djones) and 2 guys committed. Grossier has a much higher ceiling IMO.

http://theadvocate.com/sports/preps/9458370-123/words-out-on-centrals-chatman

Word's out on Central's Terral Chatman

Despite being hurt and playing in the shadows of Gary Triplett, the 6-foot-4 WR’s leaping ability is turning heads at camps and 7-on-7 competitions

Terrell Chatman wasn’t Central High’s top receiver as a junior. He didn’t have a game-winning touchdown catch.

That hasn’t stopped the senior-to-be from becoming one of Louisiana’s hottest football recruits this summer.

“It just came out of nowhere,” Chatman said. “I don’t guess I’m shocked because I do think I’m good. I was surprised by how it happened. You want to get recruited, but I never expected this.”

The 6-foot-4, 185-pound Chatman has offers from 10 Division I schools, the most recent coming from Miami, a school he plans to visit in the days ahead.

Chatman missed part of his junior season with a separated shoulder. He also played in the shadow of senior Gary Triplett, a smaller receiver known for making big plays in the passing game and on special teams, for much of the year.

“To make a long story short, his film got out there and word got out there,” Central coach Sid Edwards said. “He’s on fire. We had 7-on-7 last week at Walker and I asked, where’s Terrell? ‘Oh, he’s in Starkville.’ He gets a call asking if he can go to a camp, he takes off, drives up there and comes back in one day. He rarely stays the night. Terrell just does what he does.”

What Chatman does perhaps as well as any Louisiana receiver is use a 40-inch vertical to snare balls thrown high in the air — high-pointing them.

“He’s so coachable now,” Central receivers coach Brandon Lagroue said. “He’s grown up so much, and his route running is among the best I’ve ever seen. He’s obviously athletic. Terrell is becoming a complete player now. He doesn’t want to just be the guy who makes the spectacular play. He wants to be the guy that makes the block to get somebody else in the open.”

Chatman also has offers from Georgia, Louisiana-Lafayette, Southern Miss, Arizona, Arizona State, TCU, Houston and Wake Forest.

There is often no rhyme or reason to explain why colleges flock to a particular football recruit.

It has to start somewhere. Though he doesn’t have an offer from the Tigers, Edwards said a visit by LSU offensive coordinator Cam Cameron late last year may have started it all for Chatman.

“We were showing him film on Kevin Henry (a defensive back and LSU commitment),” Edwards said. “We were doing some drills in those films. Terrell made this catch where he was suspended in the air and he (Cameron) asked, ‘Who is that guy?’ That’s usually how it starts.”

Edwards and the Central High coaching staff saw it coming. Despite the shoulder injury, Chatman showed flashes of brilliance, which his junior highlight film illustrates.

First came a kickoff return for a touchdown vs. Denham Springs in which Chatman raced from one side of the field to the other. He didn’t score a TD in the Wildcats’ upset of West Monroe in the Class 5A playoffs, but Chatman still played a huge role.

“Terrell made two big catches that led to our touchdowns at West Monroe,” Edwards said. “We wouldn’t have won if he hadn’t made those plays.”

Off the field, Chatman is a Mr. Fix-It with computers and other electronic devices, including iPhones. Chatman is also working on-the-field fixes.

“I grew up playing basketball and football,” Chatman said. “Whatever was in season was what I liked best.

“My speed has improved a lot. I’m at 4.5 (seconds) in the 40 (yard dash), and I’m working to get better. Everybody in college is big and fast. The faster you are, the better off you are. My leaping ability is good, but there’s still room for improvement.”

One of Chatman’s trademarks, wearing different color socks, generates some gentle teasing from coaches and teammates. On this day, he wore one red sock and one blue sock to conditioning workouts.

“It’s the swag,” Chatman said, pointing to his socks. To which Edwards quips, “You’ve got guys with hundreds of shoes … He’s the guy with a thousand socks.”

Lagroue recalled a windmill dunk Chatman executed in a summer league basketball game the night before, calling it “incredible.”

Edwards again chimes in asking, “So I heard about the dunk. Is it true you didn’t do anything else for the other 39 minutes?”

Chatman takes it all in stride and smiles.

“I’m good at high-pointing balls,” Chatman said. “I think I’ve been in the right spot for things. Gary (Triplett) helped me a lot. I want to help my teammates do that.”

I had said earlier in this thread that I thought Chatman wouldn't come here. I'll retract that. I was wrong, I had thought he would end up going to LSU at some point. Glad he's with us. Great pickup and he's really going to explode even more this year. Another steal from the Louisiana area for the Canes!

6'3"-6'4" 185
4.5 40
40 inch vertical.

We got a steal boys. Hope he has a career like two Cane Greats from Louisiana... Reggie Wayne and Ed Reed.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Here is another Article on his other visit

and also a link to a video interview( i didnt watch it yet)
[video]http://video-embed.nola.com/services/player/bcpid1949030309001?bctid=3681068976001&bckey=AQ~~,AAAAPmbRMTE~,BWCCSzT6s9kk8xlYY9rVrKw3SC 5F9_7L[/video]
http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2014/07/terrell_chatman_excited_about.html

Central — Terrell Chatman feels even more firm in his commitment to Miami than he did when he pledged two weeks ago.

The Central senior receiver visited the university three weeks ago with teammate Kevin Henry, an LSU commit, and quickly fell in love.

"Everything stood out," Chatman said. "I wanted to commit right away, but of course I had to talk it over with my mom, my coaches and people like that ... It's pretty solid right now."

Chatman remains enamored — and not for a lack of choices.

Arizona and Arizona State have pursued him as heavily as anyone else, even since the commitment, with Georgia, Louisiana-Lafayette, Louisville, TCU, Tulane and Wake Forest also among the suitors Chatman mentioned to have offered.

"I've still heard from 'em," Chatman said. "They were cool with me committing. They just wanted me to still give them a shot to show me the place and stuff like that. Right now I don't plan on taking any more visits for the summer, but I plan on taking my official visits to Miami, Arizona and Arizona State, and then I'll still have two spots to fill."

The recruiting process has been a quick-moving one for the 6-foot-3, 180-pound speedster, whose rise up the Louisiana prospect rankings has come later in his high school career.

As a sophomore, Chatman burned rival Denham Springs down the sideline to open the second half with a 69-yard kickoff return and help the Wildcats nearly double their lead the rest of the way.

His coaches quickly assured keeping an eye on the young receiver and return man would be well worthwhile in the years to come.

"(Recruiting) was a late start, but it picked up pretty fast," he said. "The offers started rolling in, so it was pretty cool."

Chatman said college coaches have been impressed with a variety of his skills.

"Just my play-making ability and my talent," he said. "My combination of size, speed and leaping ability."

The standout knows some fine-tuning, namely improvements in his route-running, remains, though, as he focuses primarily for the time being on his senior season in Central.

And while Chatman and Henry have committed themselves to different schools, the friends can't help but admit the idea of continuing to play together is enticing.

"We've talked about it because it would be pretty cool to play with one of your high school teammates, let alone one of your childhood friends," Chatman said. "I mean, I grew up with him, so it would be pretty cool to play college football together."

[video=youtube_share;AwGo5I7EWFo]http://youtu.be/AwGo5I7EWFo[/video]

Based on the people guarding him, If I was the coach, I'd call a streak and tell the QB just to throw it high and let him go up and grab it, every play. Honestly, he probably catch it everytime. Those kids might stop 2/10, max. He did have 2 dirty spin moves though.

Advertisement
Back