Tentative Hard Rock Stadium plans

I meant just regular opposing fan allocation.

Opposing school officials would be an expected allocation.

But I just don’t know how it works. Do you make people sit apart?

Also, what about the 60%, or whatever the number is, of the season-ticket holders that won‘t be able to go because of space/seat elimination? Refunds?

My guess is they’re going to say, well you just won’t have to pay for your tickets next year. Or something like that.
Definitely a credit scenario. Find it hard they're refunding money.

Advertisement
Definitely a credit scenario. Find it hard they're refunding money.

That may very well be the case. But I can also see a situation where someone has lost their job, and really needs the money. I don’t think those people are going to give up very easily when they’re told “we’ll just give you a credit for next year”.

That may very well be the case. But I can also see a situation where someone has lost their job, and really needs the money. I don’t think those people are going to give up very easily when they’re told “we’ll just give you a credit for next year”.

I can speak from the direction Univ of Pittsburgh is taking. My wife is a season ticket holder they just put out a release with all possible scenarios. If the season is cancelled or is made or occur with no fans then season holders have two options (both save your seat location for next year) either full refund or ticket credit next year. If only some games are cancelled those would be refunded. Im sure all schools will take different routes but considering the situation they are setting themselves up for problems if they refuse full refunds. Id be ****ed. The steelers however are making plans similar to the dolphins for fans on game day and number is about the same. id take fanless football over no football but college football would be rough without fans in the seatss.

I meant just regular opposing fan allocation.

Opposing school officials would be an expected allocation.

But I just don’t know how it works. Do you make people sit apart?

Also, what about the 60%, or whatever the number is, of the season-ticket holders that won‘t be able to go because of space/seat elimination? Refunds?

My guess is they’re going to say, well you just won’t have to pay for your tickets next year. Or something like that.

Oh, yeah, I agree with you, the part of the allocation that was sold to fans will go to zero.

I don't know EXACTLY how it will work, but I would imagine that lower bowl will have priority, and they might space us out. Which is fine by me, I think I'm in the 9th row or something, so they can't possibly move me to upper deck.

I can speak from the direction Univ of Pittsburgh is taking. My wife is a season ticket holder they just put out a release with all possible scenarios. If the season is cancelled or is made or occur with no fans then season holders have two options (both save your seat location for next year) either full refund or ticket credit next year. If only some games are cancelled those would be refunded. Im sure all schools will take different routes but considering the situation they are setting themselves up for problems if they refuse full refunds. Id be ****ed. The steelers however are making plans similar to the dolphins for fans on game day and number is about the same. id take fanless football over no football but college football would be rough without fans in the seatss.

Interesting approach. If both scenarios allow you to save your seat allocation for next year, what would be a fan’s motivation to just take the credit, rather than take the money back and have use of it for a full year before having to pay next year? Are they offering something extra if you just let them hold your money?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back