Temple running back

Gus is a third stringer for a reason.

I agree we need to give Homer some reps.

Gus is 3rd string and Walton starts for a reason - they're just the wrong reason. Richt & Brown are evaluating the RB's incorrectly.

I highly doubt that Richt and Brown has forgotten how to evaluate rbs. Blackvern is really Gus incognito...

It's not that they've forgotten - they're just currently making the wrong evaluation. How else would you explain them continuing to start Walton over Yearby? No one is right 100% of the time.

I think Blackvern is banned right now - but I've been with him 100% of the way that Gus should be our starter.

Advertisement
Im all for giving Gus a look in the game at this point. I don't feel as strongly as Brock, but lets change it up a little.

I don't understand the problem with the OL. I thought at least two of the guys were supposed to be, if not five stars, above average recruits. Which one was it who was wanted by everybody, McDermott? Wasn't he a five star? What about Darling? Somebody said he's out of position. I don't know about this guy St. Louis filling in at RT. I always watch the streams so I can't see the OL real well, not sure I would recognize the problems. I'm wondering if our guys (on both sides) are not strong enough. I kept getting the impression that the RBs from Va Tech were strong and outmuscling our defenders. Do we still have an S&C issue?

McDermott was a 5* in that played tackle in high school. He's playing guard now and doing well. Darling was a 4* tackle that should also be moved to guard. We don't have a tackle on the roster. I don't know if it's a question of strength as much as it's foot speed. Both tackles are beaten by speed rushes on almost every obvious passing down (of which there have been too many) even by 2nd strung DEs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back