Team Ranking #3,3,4

We haven't had the chance to have top 10 or top 5 classes in goldens tenure because of the sanctions uncertainty. Golden did a masterful job to get kids to even go here during the last 3 years even with our current situation. We are starting to see what golden can do at full strength and not with one hand tied behind his back....

Advertisement
We haven't had the chance to have top 10 or top 5 classes in goldens tenure because of the sanctions uncertainty. Golden did a masterful job to get kids to even go here during the last 3 years even with our current situation. We are starting to see what golden can do at full strength and not with one hand tied behind his back....

More evidence that the cloud has hurt badly on top of 2010 awfulness and 2011 patch job.

I'm not gonna lie, this is shaping up to be just an unreal class.
It seems as though this is a class that Golden is building as if he's starting from scratch. You need 3 things:
QB - Kaaya
Pass rusher - Chad Thomas
Left tackle - KC McDermott

He's building around these three right there. Look at every successful team in all levels of football and they got those.
With that being said you want a playmaker on the offensive side of the ball in Yearby, and tackling machines at LB in Juwon Young. Have some DT that fill space so that the LBs can make their tackles in Moten and Valentine.

I don't know how fast we'll see this rebuilding take but I'm like most of ya and want success now, but we gotta be real, do we want success now and risk long term? Or have prolonged success while we have one, two mayyybe three years left of 9, 10 wins seasons before we become that powerhouse again? I think Al is thinking the latter.
Just my opinion.

More evidence that the cloud has hurt badly on top of 2010 awfulness and 2011 patch job.

I think next year will be even better. This year is great, but the impact of sanctions has still effected this class. Once it was put in the rear view, things got much better, but the possibility was still there from February until the announcement was made. I have to think that that put us behind with some kids. Next year the handcuffs are off for the entire cycle.

Advertisement
Yea but without South FL kids that a 15 or 20 ranking....have to have ALL the South FL kids

Advertisement
Back