Team nutrition and support during COVID-19

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
Saw this on the USC board. I wonder if this is an extreme example or more the norm from most schools...

"USC football players have been getting care packages to help them with their workouts and body fuel. This past week players stared getting shipments of food that one parent described as, ‘Full meals, packaged like MRE’s but better.’ Players received supplemental protein packages, tuna, protein bars, peanut butter, basically everything the players were able to grab while at Galen Center. They also received plenty of workout gear including resistance bands, medicine balls and jump ropes. One parent told us, ‘USC really stepped up.’

On Monday USC sent out a mass email letting all of the families know what their plan was to feed the athletes and what they expected from them workout wise. We were told the word ‘workout’ was actually used, a term strength coach Aaron Ausmus always avoids (he says strength training). But with players on their own and many without significant strength training equipment, the strength staff has had to adapt."

Advertisement
We could and we do have the resources.. that's a Multi million dollar organization.. stop the lies man. We have resources

Advertisement
Extreme? More like they have plan and are executing it. I’ll tell you right now we ain’t doin that. Don’t have the resources

"Don't have the resources" coming from a guy who I guarantee has never donated a dime to The U but probably has a "Cane 4 Lyfe" tattoo across his chest.

You freeloaders are a sad lot.

Does anyone know what we're doing? I'd bet over half of our players have no access to a decent weight room right now. Hopefully our nutrition gurus have been helping our guys as well. #1 mission right now is to stay well, but if there's a football season, I want our dudes to have every advantage possible.

Advertisement
Extreme? More like they have plan and are executing it. I’ll tell you right now we ain’t doin that. Don’t have the resources
I’ve made some stupid posts but this one probably tops them all. Take a walk.

We could and we do have the resources.. that's a Multi million dollar organization.. stop the lies man. We have resources

If you think of the word “resources” in terms of leadership, brainpower, experience, and ingenuity, along with a single minded dedication to winning, he is absolutely right. We don’t have the resources. A competent athletic director/department would be part of what I would consider “resources”, and we don’t have that. Not because of a lack of money, but because of a lack of proper mission.

Diaz already said they were supporting athletes when he said he was concerned that kids in poorer socioeconomic backgrounds may feel compelled to share food and supplies with family members due to job losses etc. it was in an ESPN article this week. amazing the new and inventive ways that mopes figure out how to mope.

Advertisement
If you think of the word “resources” in terms of leadership, brainpower, experience, and ingenuity, along with a single minded dedication to winning, he is absolutely right. We don’t have the resources. A competent athletic director/department would be part of what I would consider “resources”, and we don’t have that. Not because of a lack of money, but because of a lack of proper mission.
That's debatable but we have the money and we have the resources! Semantics you can argue that until your head pops off

Advertisement
Back