Tackling

Advertisement
I disagree with the notion that we are soft. Our players are simply not put in positions to succeed. They are being asked to play a system and follow a philosophy that is counter intuitive to the way they have played their entire football playing lives. Square pegs being placed in round holes.

Five years of defensive lineman not being ready at the snap. WTF? Just get in a 3-point stance and ******* wreak havoc.

Five years and we still have ZERO identity on offense.

Five years of watching CBs with minimal ball skills and awareness.

Five years of bend but don't break defense.

Five years of trying to play a non-instinctual, complicated and passive system that quite simply doesn't BELONG at the University of Miami.

Five years of mediocre football and certainly nothing that resembles the innovative, in-your-face, take no prisoners football pioneered by those who wore the "U" on the side of their helmet during the past 30 years.

Enough. Time to let our dogs eat.

I've completely given up on this coaching staff's ability to maximize the talent at hand and take advantage of the team's strength's.

What must be done eventually, should be done immediately.

Fire the entire staff. Now. Save what's left of my once beloved Program.

Tackling is probably my biggest complaint with this team. Seems like we get dragged for 3-4 yards and yet our guys go down as soon as they are touched. Not necessarily our RB's but our WR's seems very soft.

Why are we always a poor tackling team? WAY too many missed tackles last night. That's reason for the bad run defense

Do these guys not tackle in practice or what's the deal?

Poor technique, poor finish

Have you ever tried to tackle a piano running downhill as you stand in place? How about catch a squirrel with both feet tied together? While I concede some individual bad tackling (especially last night), I'd like to point out that, for the past 4 seasons, regardless of what players we have in place, we almost always read complaints about poor tackling.

If you're not creating disruption at the line of scrimmage, thinking that a Safety or LB should just easily and consistently "fill" alleys or gaps against offensive players who already have momentum seems odd to me - at least for the modern college football game. If you're placing defenders in a spot where the offensive player consistently has an advantage, is it really that surprising when they win the majority of those plays?

Maybe you just type better than me. lol. I have said this so many times in many different ways. How can you judge the players based off of the coaches incompetence, especially when you complain all day of the coaches incompetence? lulz

It's called drills. At Miami under Golden, they've tackled bouncing balls and played dodge ball. That doesn't help in the real world. Other programs go through tackling drills and go through gauntlets featuring real players coming at them full speed. Hence, we see the product on the field of incredible athletes failing at basic fundamentals of tackling. Truly, it is a lack of coaching and development.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back