Surprised

frostycane

Junior
No one has noticed that both skai Moore and Matthew Thomas went undrafted. There was a lot of chatter on here about what terrible missed they were. I was surprised to see them not drafted.

Advertisement
They were misses here. They both would have been starters here...and guys like Mccloud and Pinkney likely have redshirt years or time to grow. Being drafted doesnt take away from college play. Thats probably one of the main issues with this fan base..the whole NFL u gag that is weird because the same fan base cries when guys declare for the draft, the same fanbase also downplay our players during the draft process, and the same guys ride d*ck when those players begin to play well in the nfl..screaming..NFLU..like those hicks screaming SEC

They were misses here. They both would have been starters here...and guys like Mccloud and Pinkney likely have redshirt years or time to grow. Being drafted doesnt take away from college play. Thats probably one of the main issues with this fan base..the whole NFL u gag that is weird because the same fan base cries when guys declare for the draft, the same fanbase also downplay our players during the draft process, and the same guys ride d*ck when those players begin to play well in the nfl..screaming..NFLU..like those hicks screaming SEC

lol here you go again with your anti-Miami hate. You're a troll, bruh. Just come out and admit it. Even FSU fans would admit that Thomas was a grade A bust and you're on here claiming he was a miss. Our FR LBs in 2016 **** all over Thomas. Skai Moore was another player overrated by experts like you.

lol here you go again with your anti-Miami hate. You're a troll, bruh. Just come out and admit it. Even FSU fans would admit that Thomas was a grade A bust and you're on here claiming he was a miss. Our FR LBs in 2016 **** all over Thomas. Skai Moore was another player overrated by experts like you.

Anti-miami hate? Dude is speaking facts. Your reading comprehension skills are suspect.

In terms of an all-American NFL type player, sure, they're busts. But gogeta's point was that they would have probably contributed/started here and been solid college players.

Advertisement
Anti-miami hate? Dude is speaking facts. Your reading comprehension skills are suspect.

In terms of an all-American NFL type player, sure, they're busts. But gogeta's point was that they would have probably contributed/started here and been solid college players.

Facts? Our FR LB trio outperformed Thomas in 2016, you dumbass. Thomas was and is a Grade A bust, and would have sat on the bench behind Jamie Gordiniere.

Facts? Our FR LB trio outperformed Thomas in 2016, you dumbass. Thomas was and is a Grade A bust, and would have sat on the bench behind Jamie Gordiniere.

I would have gladly taken him over some of the scrub LB's the past few years who have contributed meaningful snaps; therefore, he was a miss in my books. Jamie Gordiniere? ok man

Side note: skai was a solid backer and Thomas played in an awful defensive scheme.

Moore was a very good college linebacker and very productive. 14 career interceptions and over 350 career tackles. First team All-SEC. I wouldn't say Thomas was a bust as a two-year starter, but he was underwhelming considering his high school hype. I wouldn't call him a miss considering he wanted to go to USC and FSU was a compromise. Miami was a distant third. Could he have started as a 4th year junior in 2016? You would think so. Would he have been any more productive? Possibly not. I don't think we missed much with him.

Advertisement
Moore was definitely a miss, he was a **** fine player when healthy.

Thomas was more hype than performance imo. Lacked focus and drive to begin with, then couldn't stay on the field and was never an impact guy.

No one has noticed that both skai Moore and Matthew Thomas went undrafted. There was a lot of chatter on here about what terrible missed they were. I was surprised to see them not drafted.
Wow... We lost nothing with Thomas! Skai put up some good numbers for a while.

Both were huge misses. Just because they didn't produce to expectation doesn't mean they weren't Miami quality kids. McDermott was a high four star, Darling a low four star. Should we have not taken them? D Jax isn't the all world DE we thought he would be. Should we have not taken him? ... You always take the best players out of So Florida knowing up to half (maybe more) won't end up reaching their potential in college (or NFL) for one reason or another.

A lot of South Florida studs going undrafted!! 95% of the player's we talked about on here that went undrafted was definitely Miami caliber, (and I think would've panned out better here), should also be used as a recruiting tool.. Make these young studs understand that, leaving SoFla doesn't guarantee $h!t..

Advertisement

I could not agree more.
Great post.

Advertisement
Back