Surprise Candidates

Advertisement
Patterson

I like Patterson a lot, doubt he would leave TCU though

He is losing Boykin and just barely beat Kansas when he went out. For the sake of his career this could be the year he tries to get out. He's never making a playoff at TCU, Miami better at least make him say no. There's no way to know whether they have or will reach out or not but they better. He would be the grand slam of all possible grand slams that are realistic.

I completely agree with this! He has had so many successful seasons at TCU without playing in the BIG ONE! This is going to be another year that it is not going to happen. Why not try to win in Miami, in the weakest division in all of CFB? Everybody knows that WHEN Miami wins again the they will not be left out of the playoffs! CFB is better with Miami in it because they are so polarizing.

Great post. I think something Miami should sell is relative ease of path to the playoff. If you win at Miami, you win BIG! We have brand and we have media attention no matter what. We have the easiest division in football. We have to play FSU annually but only play Clemson or UL once every 5 years? Outside of our OOC games, which are usually good enough, we are good for a 10 win season annually under the right coach. We would play enough good opponents with FSU, VTech, GTech, UNC, etc. to be in the playoff picture if we are winning, but not a murderers row. We also have the advantage of the ACCCG, something he doesn't have in the BIG XII that cost him last year. At least make him tell you no more than once. Offer him the full $4 million plus some incentives. Pipe dream but **** it he's a great coach!

Patterson, would be one of my top choices. In addition to all the points above he knows how to run a good defense and he could bring Meachem with him to run the offense. Knows how to strategically navigate the small private school landscape and would be able to properly maximize our resources. It would be a homerun.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back