Summer league thread

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
All games on NBA TV:

Kenny Kadji and the Cavs play tonight at 8.

Durand Scott (Spurs) plays at 10.

I'm excited to see them play. Kadji has a shot to make that squad in my opinion.

Advertisement
I feel like he fits right in to what the cavs need, a 3 or 4 man who can score from the perimteter. Kenny Kadji that is

Pete, do you feel that Kadji is a defensive liability? If he ever sees the floor in the NBA (where they play iso almost exclusively), I feel like he'll get abused by a good offensive player.

Advertisement
Kadji is very inconsisent and it doesnt help that the cavs have added 3 PF/C. He has talent but heprobably needs in the d league to work on some things and consitency.

Pete, do you feel that Kadji is a defensive liability? If he ever sees the floor in the NBA (where they play iso almost exclusively), I feel like he'll get abused by a good offensive player.

Yea, he will be eaten up by most players with an offensive pulse because he's extremely slow-footed. One of the biggest concerns with him from scouts is his lack of rebounding production throughout college for someone with his size and jumping ability, so he's going to have to show signs of improvement there as well.

After looking at the Cavs roster again, I think it's going to be really tough for him to make it with them. Bynum, Zeller, Thompson, Bennett, Varejao all in the backcourt and they just signed Earl Clark who kind of brings that big 3, stretch 4 dimension to the squad that Kadji could play. Obviously if he plays well, another team could pick him up for camp.

Also, Durand barely got any burn for the Spurs. Didn't expect him to have any chance with them, but I was hoping he would get a fair shot to show himself. Of DeQuan Jones can make the league as a pure defensive stopper, Durand should have an opportunity since he's not inept at the offensive end.

Kadji doesnt impress me, he is slow. I think Durand Scott will eventually be on an nba team, he seems like a guy who will fit in the well with the right system.. Shane Larkin might surprise people. Of those 3, kadji is well below the other two.

Yea, he will be eaten up by most players with an offensive pulse because he's extremely slow-footed. One of the biggest concerns with him from scouts is his lack of rebounding production throughout college for someone with his size and jumping ability, so he's going to have to show signs of improvement there as well.

After looking at the Cavs roster again, I think it's going to be really tough for him to make it with them. Bynum, Zeller, Thompson, Bennett, Varejao all in the backcourt and they just signed Earl Clark who kind of brings that big 3, stretch 4 dimension to the squad that Kadji could play. Obviously if he plays well, another team could pick him up for camp.

Also, Durand barely got any burn for the Spurs. Didn't expect him to have any chance with them, but I was hoping he would get a fair shot to show himself. Of DeQuan Jones can make the league as a pure defensive stopper, Durand should have an opportunity since he's not inept at the offensive end.

Except DQJ isnt a defensive stopper he is athletic enough that you hope he can turn into one

Advertisement
its all mental with Kenny, the guy takes too many plays off not because of ability because of lack of effort and that may prove to be his downfall. In his mind if he doesnt make the NBA he'll go play overseas which he considered doing last year.

Nothing wrong with going overseas for a year to develop your game more. Pretty sure Udonis Haslem did and he has made himself a **** good career afterwards. Problem is Kenny is already 25. He isn't going to get much bigger or faster, so he has to really fine tune his skills. Pick and niche and try to excel at that

Nothing wrong with going overseas for a year to develop your game more. Pretty sure Udonis Haslem did and he has made himself a **** good career afterwards. Problem is Kenny is already 25. He isn't going to get much bigger or faster, so he has to really fine tune his skills. Pick and niche and try to excel at that

Nothing wrong with being a borderline NBA player and making a living overseas for the next 10-15 years. There is a lot of money to be had overseas.

Nothing wrong with being a borderline NBA player and making a living overseas for the next 10-15 years. There is a lot of money to be had overseas.

There is nothing wrong with it at all. Some of the gigs aren't in big cities and the culture isn't what these guys prefer either. Sometimes overseas ball isn't as glamorous as it sounds

Advertisement
Durand getting very little burn, last guy off the bench, not a good sign. Thought the Spurs were a horrible fit, his agent done f-d up

Scott never had any chance to make the NBA. He simply is not good enough. Kenny would need the right fit. He is a borderline prospect. Years ago there was a non rebounding big journeyman who played for the Heat a year or 2, and bounced around, but I forget his name. Liked to hoist a few jumpers, but lacked a real inside presence. That's KK, IMO.

Scott never had any chance to make the NBA. He simply is not good enough. Kenny would need the right fit. He is a borderline prospect. Years ago there was a non rebounding big journeyman who played for the Heat a year or 2, and bounced around, but I forget his name. Liked to hoist a few jumpers, but lacked a real inside presence. That's KK, IMO.

oddly KK has been only producing on defense in the Summer league, he's averaging 5 boards and like 2 blocks a game, hasn't taken 3's or shot much. wonder if the coaches said we know you can shoot, lets see how you do on the boards and defending the paint?

Advertisement
watching Dwayne Collins play for the Phoenix Suns right now...aint see him play in a while

Advertisement
Back