Strong Dline play

Advertisement
Strong play by the D overall. DBs played well for the most part (Gunter, McGee, Finnie in particular) and LBs were also pretty solid

Gunter, McGee, Hope, RRA, and VT and a solid day.... they are coming into their own... still too early tho... they have a basic spring package for the offense and I thing the players know it inside and out... so we would have 2 wait until they play another team to see wha they are made of!

Only watched about a half but tackling was much better than in years past. More wrapping and rallying to the ball. Tackling is about attitude, technique and want to, def a step forward and a reflection of AG's core values.

Gunter, McGee, Hope, RRA, and VT and a solid day.... they are coming into their own... still too early tho... they have a basic spring package for the offense and I thing the players know it inside and out... so we would have 2 wait until they play another team to see wha they are made of!

RRA is pretty limited in what he can do, just doesn't have the speed to be a big time S. You could see those problems on the big play by Dorsett.

I'm hoping he can have a decent season since there isn't anyone else at S that is a step up.

Advertisement
By far the best this unit overall has looked in the last couple of years. The entire D looks solid, getting better everyday.

Of course recruiting has been focused on the replenishing the D. The O is now behind the 8 ball considering the loss of the skill guys last year.

OL is the only area in which we have no excuses in terms of being much improved.

Last edited:
This defense will be scary in a couple years. Gunter, hope, perryman, kirby, howard, bush, chick, witt, blue, finnie, pierre, hopefully grimble steps it up. We will have alot of solid young players next year. That will be great for us in the future.

RRA is pretty limited in what he can do, just doesn't have the speed to be a big time S. You could see those problems on the big play by Dorsett.

I'm hoping he can have a decent season since there isn't anyone else at S that is a step up.

Has nothing to do with speed. He takes awful angles and has his entire career.

Advertisement

Yeah but in the highlight of the Dorsett catch he forced him to cut back in so he took a pretty good angle there. If it was a bad one Dorsett would have just blown by him to the outside.

True, he has always taken poor angles, but at S, his lack of speed is definitely a problem. If you can't take a proper angle in trying to make a tackle or run somebody down, you better have the speed to make up for it, which he doesn't. Overall team speed has been an issue the last few years, esp on defense.

Ray Ray's talents have unfortunately been wasted here. you wouldnt hear me say this 2 years ago but he probably should have bulked up and became an OLB... he would have been better at TE, LB, or even QB then he is at safety,

Yeah but in the highlight of the Dorsett catch he forced him to cut back in so he took a pretty good angle there. If it was a bad one Dorsett would have just blown by him to the outside.
This.

Ray Ray had his bad angles days at Miami, but in that play he did his part. In fact, both(he and Rogers) did good. Ray Ray close the outside and Rogers(faster) came to help and tackle Dorsett.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back