Storm on the Trail

Advertisement
Those are some random schools.

Obviously, UNC makes sense. Mike Brey has done a darn good job at ND. Same with Altman and Oregon.

Anyone want to explain Wake Forest or Georgetown?

His dad went to UNLV. Was his relationship that good with Ewing on the Knicks?

Those are some random schools.

Obviously, UNC makes sense. Mike Brey has done a darn good job at ND. Same with Altman and Oregon.

Anyone want to explain Wake Forest or Georgetown?

His dad went to UNLV. Was his relationship that good with Ewing on the Knicks?
Probably models his game after Chris Paul, hence Wake Forest.

Georgetown has history, top education, famous coach, cool area, big basketball community. G'Town has lots to sell.

Probably models his game after Chris Paul, hence Wake Forest.

Georgetown has history, top education, famous coach, cool area, big basketball community. G'Town has lots to sell.

1. Who at Wake Forest is going to mold him into that? What have they done recently?

2. What have they done recently?

1. Who at Wake Forest is going to mold him into that? What have they done recently?

There are things to like about both schools. His preferences don't have to align with yours. If athletes only went to schools that have done something recently, there wouldn't be many options to choose from. Maybe he wants to join Mac McClung at Georgetown and start the rebirth of their program.

Advertisement
There are things to like about both schools. His preferences don't have to align with yours. If athletes only went to schools that have done something recently, there wouldn't be many options to choose from. Maybe he wants to join Mac McClung at Georgetown and start the rebirth of their program.

His preferences can include *********ing with sandpaper...It just doesn’t make sense.

Dad is very involved in the recruiting of Cole. Cards are close to vest. Dad also happens to live in So Florida...

Pat Ewing and Greg Anthony have a relationship and there’s little doubt Ewing has been in dad’s ear. I’d venture to guess Manning as well.

Keep an eye on the Boogie Ellis and Duke rumors.

My guess at this point is Anthony to UNC, but if Ellis spurns Duke then all bets are off.

He seemed to have cut some big time programs from his list (including Kansas, Kentucky and Nova).

Advertisement
Pretty neat to make it to his final 6 but I’d guess we have virtually no shot at landing him. Does he have an official visit set up?

he probably doesn't care much about how big of a basketball school the school is. Hes gonna be a top ten pick pretty much wherever he goes

Dad is very involved in the recruiting of Cole. Cards are close to vest. Dad also happens to live in So Florida...

Pat Ewing and Greg Anthony have a relationship and there’s little doubt Ewing has been in dad’s ear. I’d venture to guess Manning as well.

Keep an eye on the Boogie Ellis and Duke rumors.

My guess at this point is Anthony to UNC, but if Ellis spurns Duke then all bets are off.

That was what I said about Ewing and Anthony above.

I hear ya on the recency thing but, always a mistake to start comparing UM with just about any college basketball program (Clemson would be an exception in the ACC; they have done nothing in hoops).

As of 2018, we are always gonna end up on the short end of a basketball legacy discussion. Compared to us, and admittedly I can go back to the late 50s when I was a kid, Wake has a storied basketball history. I could forget Chris Paul and still say that.

Advertisement
I hear ya on the recency thing but, always a mistake to start comparing UM with just about any college basketball program (Clemson would be an exception in the ACC; they have done nothing in hoops).

As of 2018, we are always gonna end up on the short end of a basketball legacy discussion. Compared to us, and admittedly I can go back to the late 50s when I was a kid, Wake has a storied basketball history. I could forget Chris Paul and still say that.

I understand. I could also understand if Greg Anthony went to WF or they were big fans of the program or lived in the area or if Greg and Danny were close.

At some point your history is just history and that is all you have. You're no longer REALLY relevant after so many bad years. Now of course things can change but currently, they're bad.

[WF] Since 2010-11, 7 out of 8 losing seasons. They haven't had a winning record in the ACC since 2009-10. In addition, Danny is probably on the hot seat. He might not be the coach when Cole is there.

Consigliere, great points. I wonder what Cole's "connection" is to the U? Who he's been talking to? Whoever it is, Cole should keep listening as he's getting good advice!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back