Stop Moaning...I like the Hire. Here’s why:

Phinscanes1

Recruit
Reading this board you would think we just made the worst hire of the world. I don’t get it at all. Am I 1 of 3 people on this board that actually is thrilled about this hire?! Here’s why:

- Proven, Innovative leader. Manny has built one of the top attacking defenses in the country. He has gone from the number 69th total defense to the 2nd total defense in the country since he has been here. How many programs have tried to copy the turnover chain since he came up with it? It was an innovative idea and brought the swagger back that Miami was missing. How is that FSU backpack (purse) working for you? He’s young and connects well with his players (see recent tweets). As for recruiting didn’t he just have the number 2 defense in the country this year?! It wasn’t on the defensive side where recruiting was failing and for the ones that didn’t come it was probably a major factor he left.

- Knows what Miami needs. Knows the HS coaches. More importantly knows why the offense is failing. Don’t believe me? Watch the changes. You really think someone as aggressive as he is on defense will settle for a simple Richt like offense? Come on. He will make the personal changes needed on offense and you will see how much of a difference he makes. Don’t get caught up in names for OC. Get caught up in what the new personnel brings to the table. I don’t want nor need the biggest name. I want the right name that brings the right schemes that will make the intensity the defense brings.

- Rip me to shreds on this I don’t care. I like the fact James was decisive in moving forward with Manny. He knew the type of leader that Miami needed and didn’t waste time in making that decision. He knew the defense was great and with major changes on offense this team could get back. He realized how much Manny bleeds Miami. He didn’t wait and waffle. Don’t tell me hasn’t been to practices or seen the preparation Manny puts into his work. He does. Much more than you or I. Some people say it was a safe hire. I think bringing a bigger name would’ve been safe. Keeping Manny says “We know what got and I’m willing to bet my future on it.” I like a decisive leader.

For the love of God give the man a chance before you complain and moan. See what he brings to the plate on offense. Without Manny this year how many games would’ve Miami honestly won? I laugh at the people that say the Wisconsin game was on Manny. Please. He’s the reason we didn’t lose by 60. I remember how many of you said when we lost our Dline coach to Bama that the sky was falling. Somehow it didn’t. Only got stronger.

Give the man a chance. I for one am very excited. If you told me yesterday I could trade Richt for Manny and let him bring an innovative offensive mind I would be doing back flips. I’m excited to see what Manny brings. I hope the negative nelly’s wake up and realize he just very well might be exactly what Miami needs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lol welcome, you will soon find out this year why a lot of us didn't like the hire. And yes even with the number 2 defense (statistically) didn't always look like that. He still couldn't recruit a great defensive class. Glad you like the hire, all we can do is watch and say I told you so

Advertisement
Back