statistical breakdown of the 2012 Miami Hurricanes Season

Advertisement
Sat Oct, 20, 2012vs.
18.png

#12 Florida StateL 20-33-13 pts705 Yards

Lowest total yard total of the season...
I did like to see that Miami was +7 in turnovers. 22 forced turnovers (11 int and fumbles) vs 15 giveaways (8 fumbles and 7 int)

Here's something interesting as well. Play calling 55 / 45 split between passing and running. Seems pretty balanced to me.

Sat Oct, 20, 2012vs.
18.png

I did like to see that Miami was +7 in turnovers. 22 forced turnovers (11 int and fumbles) vs 15 giveaways (8 fumbles and 7 int)

Here's something interesting as well. Play calling 55 / 45 split between passing and running. Seems pretty balanced to me.

Calling running plays for balance is not the same as a commitment to running the football.

Advertisement
the best part is the transitive wins

also. Shayon Green was our leading tackler

Sat Oct, 20, 2012vs.
18.png

Calling running plays for balance is not the same as a commitment to running the football.

Agreed. As the stats only shows and overall spectrum for the season and not situational play calling. I was just speaking in the context of the whole season. Trust me, I agree that at times I felt that Fisch should have committed more to the run in situations and at times should have been more aggressive with the pass in others.

We pass to open up the run. Our personell, philosophy, and crappy defense calls for that. Better get used to it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
29 rushing TDs allowed and 215 rushing yards per game allowed...that is the biggest weakness of the team

It's not at all surprising, w/ our youth and lack of talent on the defensive line. Plus, our defense - with no depth - wore down, given the lack of sustained drives by our quick strike (or 3 and out) offense.

Advertisement
Back