State of Florida

I still don’t understand what has ppl “sold” on Mullen..I think he’s solid. Personally I don’t think he’d be good here abd I don’t think he’s gonna get UF beyond where they are currently at..at miss state he was up n down but very solid when he struck with Dak..and imo underachieved with that roster he partially built...at UF imo If he doesn’t strike gold/superstar at QB I don’t see him getting that program over the top. He’s a offensive minded coach..but ppl forget he had Tebow and Urbans system and weapons..then got deemed a offensive guru

Miss St. is a trash program, yet he had them competitive....****, he even struck fear from time to time there. Now, he has better resources. I hate UF, but they are still one of the Big 3 Florida Schools who always jockey for position.

As much as I love Miami, we have trended down to a second rate program. Here's the problem I see:

I agree w/ you; I don't think Mullen is a championship caliber coach, but he's a coach that will constantly keep UF in the hunt for the SEC East crown, NY6 bowl games, and putting 1st to 2nd round talent in the NFL. That will be just enough to cherry pick from the back yard w/ consistency.
If Norvell gets FSU to the 10+ win plateau, where they are constantly jockeying for the ACC Atlantic, playing in any New Year bowl, without getting to the next level of CFP....again, that will be just enough to cherry pick from the back yard.

If a kid could stay in Florida, and have the opportunity to go to a consistent 10+ win school that's producing 1st rounders or a consistent 6-7 win school that's barely getting their players drafted, where is he going to go? So UF and FSU being good "just enough" presents a problem, too. So now, we'll have to deal w/ the vultures of Bama, UGA, OSU, LSU, and Clemson along w/ FSU and UF picking the bone clean, leaving us w/ scraps. Oh, and don't forget Lane Kiffin is now at Ole Miss.

Here's the difference between yesterday and today, though:

See, in So. Fla...**** Florida in general, scraps can still be good meat. Our biggest problem is under this new, yet regular development of mediocrity is we don't have any good evaluators. That's how we can pass on a Nick Roberts who begged to be on this team and now he's at USF w/ 5 ints and 95 tackles in his first two yrs of starting. That's how an Eddie Jackson becomes an all-american at Bama. That's how we see guys go to FIU and light us up, guys playing for UL and light us up, or guys who go to Pitt and light us up. Not only are we being ravaged in the back yard by the "blue bloods", but even what's left over, we are allowing programs like UK, UL, Pitt, FIU, USF, CMU and fck us over, too b/c we don't know how to evaluate chit.

Advertisement
All that needs to be discussed on that podcast is the simple fact that Miami has Manny Diaz (zero HC experience), FSU hired a proven Head Coach (Norvell), and Mullen who is a upper tier HC.

Miami is done for with Diaz as the HC. There is no getting around that.

Honestly, we should've won against UF last season. Mullen was the difference.

So it was Mullen's coaching that caused Jeff Thomas to muff that punt and drop that perfectly placed TD pass?

It was Mullen's coaching that caused our QB to miss WRs running wide open all game?

It was Mullen who recruited Zion Nelson to Miami?

Wow, that guy's a ******* wizard!

So it was Mullen's coaching that caused Jeff Thomas to muff that punt and drop that perfectly placed TD pass?

It was Mullen's coaching that caused our QB to miss WRs running wide open all game?

It was Mullen who recruited Zion Nelson to Miami?

Wow, that guy's a ******* wizard!
Anybody who wins a game with Franks as a Qb is a wizard. No, they're a god **** sorcerer. I'll go a step further and say Trask ain't worth a **** either. He killed us with that early fake punt, too.

Happy with Diaz defense, and the recruiting staff he’s putting together. I hope Lashlee is the spread prophet that brings us forward into the new milenium. For all the Mullen sucking going on, he’s hired Diaz twice. Fields was rated #6 best recruiter and Banda not far behind, I really think we can have a solid trajectory if Lashlee provides our recruiters with some extra ammo (ACC *** kickings) on the trail.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back