Starting Texas LB Juwan Mitchell enters Portal

Sooooo who is manny so scared to lose ? If he brings in the guys he’s suppose to in this class he will be okay losing any of them. Only one is Flagg. Everybody else hasn’t show much of anything
And why is manny so concerned with not having a 1 and done lb transfer? This is a crucial season for Diaz and the right ilb could make the 21’ defense special

Advertisement

Good interview. Reason why he didn't choose us and yes, we wanted him(Manny was recruiting him) was that Manny wanted him for 2yrs but he only wants to play for 1. He mentioned that Manny already knows some of our LBs are waiting to hit the portal once/if we bring in a LB.

There’s two ways to look at this interview...... I’ll let the vets take what they want from it.

And why is manny so concerned with not having a 1 and done lb transfer? This is a crucial season for Diaz and the right ilb could make the 21’ defense special

Because the one and done isn’t worth potentially losing a 4 year signee later this year

Advertisement
I’m repeating myself but they’re ok using 22 spots “ if they have to“. But they’re only using them on good to really good players. No matter if they have one , two or three years of eligibility left. If they don’t add anyone that tells you nobody was at the level they wanted. Lb was one position I said awhile ago they were planning on taking , or at least looking. I thought Dinitri had a good shot, they liked him , but as of now that looks doubtful. If there’s not a slam dunk I could see them passing all together.

I haven’t been on the board much and I missed questions, I’m not ignoring people when I don’t answer. There’s just nothing new to post about.

Honestly I’m keeping a eye on the Bama LB situation. They have a at least 2 solid guys that I like that I think could definitely start here moody and Shane Lee. They brought in to’oto’o moody is a SR Shane Lee is junior he could come start here 2 years

Advertisement
I’m repeating myself but they’re ok using 22 spots “ if they have to“. But they’re only using them on good to really good players. No matter if they have one , two or three years of eligibility left. If they don’t add anyone that tells you nobody was at the level they wanted. Lb was one position I said awhile ago they were planning on taking , or at least looking. I thought Dinitri had a good shot, they liked him , but as of now that looks doubtful. If there’s not a slam dunk I could see them passing all together.

I haven’t been on the board much and I missed questions, I’m not ignoring people when I don’t answer. There’s just nothing new to post about.
Cribby I was just reading on another site the staff could sign as few as 16 guys in the 22 class,if so they must have their sights on a bunch of portal kids they like and thing they can get.It sounds crazy but Diaz must have something cooking.

Cribby I was just reading on another site the staff could sign as few as 16 guys in the 22 class,if so they must have their sights on a bunch of portal kids they like and thing they can get.It sounds crazy but Diaz must have something cooking.
I posted a couple weeks ago I could see a small class, 17-18 spots at the low, 20 as max. If there’s good players to be had they’ll use them but they won’t waste them on depth or borderline starters. Mitchell doesn’t fall under what I mentioned they were looking for , take that as you will.

Advertisement
Maybe Dimitri only wants to play one more season, like Juwan Mitchell? Just a guess.
That statement made no sense, if Manny thought he was a quality player that wouldn’t be mentioned. Let’s be real , manny can’t make a **** stay another year even if he told him he would. This isn’t the nfl and a two year deal. That statement alone let’s you know what really happened. Tbh I don’t believe much of what he said in that interview , but I also know not to believe what kids say about their recruitment and what they tell “ journalists“. Or at least take what they say with a grain of salt. I mean nobody wanys to look like they were turned down.

Last edited:
That statement made no sense, if Manny thought he was a quality player that wouldn’t be mentioned. Let’s be real , manny can’t make a **** stay another year even if he told him he would. This isn’t the nfl and a two year deal. That statement alone let’s you know what really happened. Tbh I don’t believe much of what he said in that interview , but I also know not to believe what kids say about their recruitment and what they tell “ journalists“. Or at least take what they say with a grain of salt. I mean nobody what’s to look like they were turned down.
I was confused by that statement too but why wouldn’t manny want him? not pushing for him or moore? Makes no sense

I was confused by that statement too but why wouldn’t manny want him? not pushing for him or moore? Makes no sense
None of it made sense right down to a coach telling a kid he doesn’t even know about guys transferring out. 1. Manny would be telling on himself being a huge **** , letting kids threats changing his decision on a transfer. 2. If Manny wanted multiple years in the transfer why did he reach out to to’to? This logic means he wouldn’t want him either , that dude is a far better player and would definitely be gone after a year. If To’to wanted in Manny would’ve drove a scooby doo van 1000 miles to pick him up.

Even without knowing what I know that interview would’ve set off mad red flags.

Advertisement
None of it made sense right down to a coach telling a kid he doesn’t even know about guys transferring out. 1. Manny would be telling on himself being a huge **** , letting kids threats changing his decision on a transfer. 2. If Manny wanted multiple years in the transfer why did he reach out to to’to? This logic means he wouldn’t want him either , that dude is a far better player and would definitely be gone after a year. If To’to wanted in Manny would’ve drove a scooby doo van 1000 miles to pick him up.

Even without knowing what I know that interview would’ve set off mad red flags.
LOL.That interview made Manny sound like a little puzzy.Kid just didn't want to admit miami passed on him,.

Advertisement
Back